The Golden Years!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Golden Years!?!

Across the nation, seniors are becoming the face of the indebted...

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...over23.art.htm
    12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
    01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
    03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
    sigpic

Thank you for posting that, I'd really not heard much at all about seniors and debt until reading the article. Very sad. Not quite the "golden years, " indeed.

Comment

12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
      01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
      03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
      sigpic

Comment

I thought debt ended at the death bed. I remember when my Dad died, the attny told Mom she didn't really have to pay any medical bills the insurance did not pay. Mom went ahead and paid what was left over as it really wasn't much.

My SIL died suddenly this summer. Both she and Brother were on SSDI when she died. Their life insurance carrier didn't pay as they hadn't had the policy in effect long enough. So there's literally no money.

Doctors, labs, the hospital are filing liens for the amounts owed against her estate. Since my Brother is the Executor of her Estate, if he ever comes into any money, he'll have to pay SIL's bills. UNREAL!!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

OH YEAH,

When someone dies, someone else pays the bills when its all over.......

The executor (can't spell) is in charge of seeing that everyone gets paid out of any estate funds....

Word of caution........ "if you sign a bill for someone (sign your name to it), they can come after you for the bill...in some states. Example: funeral bill....... When you are making arrangements someone has to sign to authorize the funeral home to do the arrangemets and service. Who ever signs this is responsible for the debt if it is not paid out of the estate!! Believe me, I know...... been there, done it!!! Also had the same thing happen with ambulance bills that the insurance company refused to pay because they were coded wrong by the drivers..... Even the hospital bill came to me....... I signed the admitting papers.

And this especially holds true if you are the Power of Attorney over the person that dies. Because you represent them until they die...... after that the Executor takes control of the estate.

So it is adviseable that EVERYONE carry enough insurance to bury themselves and their children...... most funerals are $6,000 + .

Funeral bills, ambulance bills, hospital bills, and credit card bills involved with the 4 years of taking care of my mom (a stroke victim - 4 years) at home is what helped throw me into having to file bankruptcy.

Had I not incurred these extra expenses, I would not have been filing bankrupty.....

Would I do it all again, Yes, even though financially it destroyed me......

But that can be straightened out..............

Just remember when you sign your name - your risking a lot sometimes!!!

Minny
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

good friend

He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.----------------------------------Do you look for free wow gold? Welcome to our WoW Gold , Our links:wow gold, wow gold, wow gold,World of warcraft Power Leveling..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X