Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE over 1 Year Later

From the Forums July 2008

Here I am over one year after beginning the process. We are Currently Debt free except for a $500 bill to my wife's doctor which will be paid with our next paychecks, wife's car which we reaffirmed on during the BK, and my used blazer which I am paying for over the next 12 months.

We're currently expecting a son in Late August.

All of the fees for the delivery are paid except for any extras that might pop up. We have bought everything we could think we might need for the baby's arrival. Paid for all of it in full. No credit no loans whatsoever.

Myself and DW continue to be dedicated to being as debt free as possible.

I am starting to consider getting a small CC in order to rebuild my credit. We would like to eventually purchase a house and I know we need to begin the rebuilding long before we actually get close to buying. However, I pretty much feel like all CC's are evil and can barely stomach the thought of having another one!

pmed8
    Filed Chapter 13 1/30/2008 Converted to Chapter 7 5/30/2008
    DISCHARGED 9/15/08
    Closed on new home 1/25/2012

Sounds like you are doing very well! Congrats on the new baby!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS on the baby

I think ater my BK, I'll continue to purchase things on a cash-only basis too Good Job!
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That sounds great congrats on the baby. We are coming up on a year since we filed. We bought a car but other then that everything has been cash only. We started a small business cutting grass and fixing up houses that have become empty. I wish I could say we have our emergency fund built up but i can't but we are working on it's
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Congrats sounds like life is going good
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I love to read these stories. Thanks for the post it made my day.
            Ch 7 filed: 3/30
            341: 5/12
            Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Congratulations on the birth of a newborn! Tickles me Pink to hear someone is Expecting. I have 3 precious grandchildren who are the Love Of My Life! Of course, My son is Tops too as he married a wonderful young lady in 1999.

Nice Thread on being debt free after filing a year ago. Dh & I are filing 9/09. We quit paying on most of the CCs late last Sept. or Oct. We've lived on a Cash Basis since then and intend to continue after filing, discharge & closing of our Bankruptcy.

Thanks for sharing your one yr. anniversary after filing BK. It's a pleasure to read such Threads.

Luci

Comment

Congratulations on the baby and a bright future. Thanks for coming and giving an update to all of us who are still in the middle of it. It is encouraging!

Comment

That is so great, thank you for sharing!

I hope we can be there in a year too...it feels really good to be debt free and know that we don't ever have to go through this again.

Congratulations!
                  Filed Chapter 7: 3/12/09
                  341 Meeting: 4/14/09 case declared "asset"
                  Trustee ordered discharge/change to "no asset" 4/24/09
                  Discharged 6/25/09; Closed 6/30/09

Comment

congrats. Good to see you come back and show the rest that it's not the end of the world.
                    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X