Chrysler Reaffirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrysler Reaffirmation

Well I'm beyond my 60 days with a Motion to extend time from the Trustee for presumed abuse. Yesterday Chrysler filed a Motion to Terminate Stay and repo my car. I've seen it all! It says that I said I wanted to reaffirm but did not send the paperwork back within 45 days. It was filed on 8/17 and it says that they haven't received my payment from 8/19. The motion is requesting to the court to pick up their collateral whether or not I'm current on payments.

Well I didn't get the reaffirmation agreement till 8/10 and mailed it in on 8/11 and then paid my payment on 8/14. So basically they should of had the reaffirmation agreement and payment before they filed such a stupid Motion.

This basically tells everyone that Chrysler at least in my case would never of allowed a ride thru. They are not even happy that I'm current! With over 163,000 miles on my 4 year old car why would they even want it???

geez, sorry to hear that. I have my car lease through Chrysler. I was hoping to ride it through until I can get a loan on a used car. Check your state laws. In some states they cannot repose a car if you are current.

Try calling their bk dept. The paperwork seemed to come very quickly for you, perhaps it is automated. Good luck!

ps. was it daimlerchryser or Chrysler financial services? (i might need to start looking for a garage for my car)

Comment

Can I ask why you would even want to reaffirm a vehicle with 163K miles on it in the first place?

We had a Chrysler lease right before filing that we surrendered back to the them. Had we been buying we prob would have done a ride thru since the vehicle was 2 yrs old with less than 15K miles on it. Sounds like Chrysler isn't very ride thru friendly tho so looks like we made the right choice.
      Filed 8/2009
      Discharged & Closed 11/2009
      Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

i thought they had stopped doing this in 07 after they realized they were losing more money on the repos then letting people ride thru.

guess it started back up (sigh)

I wonder if the OP was ever late and maybe put him/her on the "hitlist"

Comment

never mid, I just saw the OP's other thread. Sorry to hear you are going thru this.

Comment

Originally posted by goingcrzy View Post
            geez, sorry to hear that. I have my car lease through Chrysler. I was hoping to ride it through until I can get a loan on a used car. Check your state laws. In some states they cannot repose a car if you are current.

Try calling their bk dept. The paperwork seemed to come very quickly for you, perhaps it is automated. Good luck!

ps. was it daimlerchryser or Chrysler financial services? (i might need to start looking for a garage for my car)
            So you mean to tell me, that if you ARE current on your car, they can stilll come and repo it ??? Does that apply in Florida ????
            Filed on 7-17-09
            waiting for 341
            341 meeting 8-21-09
            discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Chrysler really cannot do anything at this point because the hearing isn't till 9/15. I was just amazed that they would file a Motion like this when my payment wasn't even due yet. To answer a few of your questions, yes the payments have been late but it was because I was in a horrible Chapter 13. In fact when it dismissed out I was 3 months behind and had to practically starve to catch it back up. Funny but it was Chrysler that got us into this messs to begin with. They sent us a credit card offer with low APR and I closed accounts and moved credit cards over to them. We missed a payment by one day and the interest rate jumped to over 29% and the minimum payment tripled.

I believe the laws in Georgia state that you have to be 60 days behind but it didn't stop them from filing the motion anyway.

The only reason that I have fought to hang on to this car is because our other one is old and I drive over 140 miles a day to work.

This is a never ending nightmare.

Comment

Son of a gun, i just started a similar thread. I'm current with Chrysler and was hoping to ridethrough, now they want the car back and my hearing date is 9/15. I was hoping to be closed and discharged by then!
                Ch. 7
                Filed: 05/07/2009
                341: 07/01/2009
                Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X