top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Credit Report is Showing a New Derogatory every month because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Credit Report is Showing a New Derogatory every month because...

I pulled my TransUnion credit report last month from FICO. I had pulled it 7 months ago. I noticed under the section where it explains factors hurting your FICO score, it stated "You recently missed a payment or had a derogatory indicator reported..."

When I pulled it again 2/2011, I called FICO because I couldn't find any lates on my credit report to explain what was going on. As it turns out My US Bank Mortgage which was included in my chpt 7 (I didn't reaffirm, but have continued to pay the mortgage pymts on time) is reporting an updated Closed Date every month. Also, I pulled my Equifax FICO and it isn't reporting that way. So on my 6/2010 report, they reported that the account closed 5/2010. My 2/2011 report, they are reporting that the loan closed on 1/2011. So in essence they are reporting it closed every month and updating with a new closed date by one month from the previously reported date, so it's reporting a new derogatory every month because of the bk which triggers the derogatory.

It is being reporting Paid as Agreed and the payments history is current "OK". But this is definetly is lowering my credit score.

I disputed and it came back the same. I called US Bank, and the representative had to speak with her supervisor and left me a message... 'Since I didn't reaffirm it will report as is.....' But she didn't understand my question, the reporting is fine except the Closed Date. So I had to call back and ask to speak with her supervisor, had to leave a message of course, so I'm waiting to talk with her. But their is no way it's legal for them to report the closed date like that.

Wondering if anyone has had this experience. If they are reporting the account closed, should the Closed Date be the date of the bk filing? discharge date?

i think they should not be reporting at all
    it should say included in chapter 7 and discharged
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Under Remarks, It says Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Balance 0. Paid or paying as agreed.

Comment

They are still in violation by updating the closed date every month. I would start with doing written dispute letters. Don't do anything over the phone or online. You need everything in writting.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Thanks I will send a written dispute to USB.

Comment

I'd sue them just to make them provide the original document.. then get the $1000 plus attorney fees ... just a thought..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X