Getting derogatory authorized user info off CRAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting derogatory authorized user info off CRAs

Per my siggy you can see that hubby & I filed Ch 7 BK 12/2010 and were discharged 03/2011.

We each had a couple of individual liability credit cards with the other listed only as an authorized user. We are having a heck of a time getting the CRAs to delete the info regarding the authorized user accounts from the respective credit bureau files since it only adds 'Negative Items' to each of our credit reports and subsequently drags down our score.

Did online debt validation with each CRA and some were removed others were verified. Followed up with phone calls to CRA and they said I must take it up with individual creditors.

Can I get feedback/opinions on my letter to the creditors please? Also your thoughts as to my understanding of Section 603 of the FCRA? But I am not sure if ยง 202.10 of the FDIC Law is gonna mess it up since we are husband and wife - blergh.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing you in reference to a Visa Card on which my spouse, Mr. ValleYum, listed me as an authorized user. The account number is: 012345678910xxxx. This account was closed due to a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I would like all references to this card removed from my credit report at all three credit reporting agencies as I was merely an authorized user and not the signor to whom the account was granted.

According to my dissemination of Section 603 of the FCRA, only information on credit issued to a consumer is allowed. As merely an authorized user, I am not considered the consumer to whom you issued credit. Only the signor on the account is considered the consumer, is responsible for the debt and may have the information reported to credit reporting agencies.

Your prompt attention to removing this incorrect information is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by ValleYum; 07-04-2011, 11:11 AM.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X