period to amend petition/add creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

period to amend petition/add creditors

i got another medical bill after have i filed a bankruptcy ch.7 petition. the bill was from a service received before filing. i intend to amend my petition/forms. is there a deadline to file for amendment? the creditor's meeting is on jan.18. can i amend even after the creditor's meeting or should it be prior to the jan. 18 meeting?

thank you guys

I had the same situation. I added mine just after the 341 meeting. I don't know if their is a deadline or not.
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

In a chapter 7, you can amend your petition any time before discharge.

Comment

thanks

Comment

you can call your bk clerk and ask aswell they ( well mine happly told me) anytime before discharge 26.00 as far as if they had to do paperwork send out notice soforth and if you need to add after discharge closed its 200 such dollars to reopen case
          *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
          *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
          *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
          TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

HHM, If the creditor list is amended after the 341 meeting,is a new meeting scheduled for new creditors? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by avmarathe3 View Post
              HHM, If the creditor list is amended after the 341 meeting,is a new meeting scheduled for new creditors? Thanks in advance for your help.
              Generally not.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X