I feel like crying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like crying

I just feel like crying and need a couple of supportive hugs. Things finally started looking like they might get better, and then BAM here we go again. Our car crapped out to the tune of $800. We don't have $800 to fix it. We have $10 in our checking account right now. We can technically fix only half the problem and then the car would be driveable for another month or so, so that is what we are going to do. But that still costs $400! Our kitties are supposed to get their annual shots and exams this Saturday, and now we are going to have to push that back til after the next payday, because of this. I feel like crying. I don't know how much longer we can stand doing this.

I had a job interview today and it doesn't look promising. The woman interviewing me explained that they received well over 200 resumes for the position. I guess I should be thankful I had an interview, that's more than a lot of them got. But this is so depressing. I thought BK would help fix some of these problems, but it just doesn't seem to be getting any better.

We have already cut expenses everywhere there is to cut them. But all these unexpected things keep going wrong and we don't have a cushion for them at all. I just feel like crying again. Someone give me a hug!

If you feel comfortable, you can vaccinate your pets yourself.

The vaccines are IM, and easy to do.

I buy them for about 8.00/pet at the local farm supply.

Research it before you try it.

You have to have a vet administer rabies. But all the others come in a 3/way or 4/way dose usually.

Others are droppers.

Comment

Depends which state you are in. In Ohio you can purchase and give all of the shots, including rabies. But to be honest, I don't think it would matter if their vaccines were a little late.

I has always puzzled me WHY humans get vaccines that last years, but our pets have to get them every year??? HMMMM!

The only reason we keep having to get yearly flu vaccines is because the flu virus keeps changing. Does canine or cat distemper change?? No.

So please do not worry if you are a little late, and do as Dingdog advised and look into doing it yourself. I am sure there is plenty of advice on the web to instruct you how to do it if you search the web.

And hugs to you...hang in there.

D....

Comment

My cats never go outside. They got the full series of vaccines when they were kittens, but nothing else. Of course it is up to you, but if your cats are inside I see no need to for those annual shots, even rabies shots.

Comment

Originally posted by frustrated7 View Post
          I just feel like crying and need a couple of supportive hugs. HUGS, big time. Things finally started looking like they might get better, and then BAM here we go again. Our car crapped out to the tune of $800. We don't have $800 to fix it. We have $10 in our checking account right now. We can technically fix only half the problem and then the car would be driveable for another month or so, so that is what we are going to do. But that still costs $400!

Do not do anything with the broken car. We purchased at auction a car with 112K miles, an old police car, four years ago, a 93. It runs like a top. We put in a tune up, battery, plugs and brakes on it. Total costs with car, less than $800 and not all at once.

Our kitties are supposed to get their annual shots and exams this Saturday, and now we are going to have to push that back til after the next payday, because of this. I feel like crying. I don't know how much longer we can stand doing this.

Kitties, or Cats as I call them, ( I don't like cats (except for my three who are souls not cats)), are cats. They do not need shots unless out in the wild. We live in woods, I shoot rabid 'coons. They willl be fine, believe me. We cannot, and do not inoculate our cats.

I had a job interview today and it doesn't look promising. Resume's mean nothing. Only an effort to get an interview. I never hired a two page resume, but I did hire an interview, by asking questions relating to the job. "What do you know about this company? is a prime question. Know ALL. about it and state it was your life's dream to work there.

The woman interviewing me explained that they received well over 200 resumes for the position. I guess I should be thankful I had an interview, that's more than a lot of them got. But this is so depressing. You got an interview. You have something that showed out. Next time tell them that you will work more for less and then expect an exceptional increase after proving yourself far and above the normal person. I thought BK would help fix some of these problems, but it just doesn't seem to be getting any better. OK, where would you be in this situation if you did not BK? What do you expect? Your BK will give you a new start. It does not give you wealth. That is up to you.

We have already cut expenses everywhere there is to cut them. But all these unexpected things keep going wrong and we don't have a cushion for them at all. I just feel like crying again. Someone give me a hug! Hugs have been applied. Now it is up to you to change your mental attitude. "Happiness is a state of mind. You choose it daily". Life is not a guarantee of happiness. It is also not fair. No one EVER said life is fair. You make your own success. Times will be tough. That is true. So, as the sparrow flies, God will provide, if you allow it.
          'Hub
          Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 06-01-2009, 03:17 PM.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi Honey:

If I were you two years ago, I would be EXACTLY like you--and would be bouncing off the rafters, the walls, and everything ELSE!!!!!!

I do understand very well how you feel. Please know that you have a whole lot of *****HUGS****** squeezing you tight.

You also need to understand, that in your mind, the situation might get worse, before it gets better. BUT IT WILL GET BETTER. It is hard to realize it when you are in the pain that you are in now.

Take it one day at a time, or if you need to--just one minute at a time.

Please make yourself have at least one good belly laugh each day. Go to the local greeting card store, or CVS, Walgreens, or wherever else to read the joke cards. I used to do that when I was taking care of my Alzheimer's-ridden mother. It helped alot.

Love and *HUGS* to you.

AC
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

ITA, cat shots can be put off just a bit.

The interviewer was trying to psyche you out - go into interviews like you are "it" and your experience and expertise will benefit the company.

I know, I know, things have to get better. It went like that for me for 6 mo. between making the decision to file BK and actually doing it.

UGH.
              I even bounced the check for my car's registration. Couldn't afford to replace it ($71.50) and my license got suspended. So Humiliating.

It will get better. It will just take a bit. Feel Better. We are all here for you.
              Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
              Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
              341 Meeting 01/05/2009
              Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Have a drink on me! *Hands Frustrated bottle of Brandy* Forget the "HUGS"!!!! Lets have us a good old fashion, crying, pity party,falling down drunk. Then that we have all this "feel sorry for ourselves" worked out of our system we can get down to working towards where we want to be next week, next month, 6 months from now and then a year.

Twenty one years ago, me and a very pregnant DW lived in a car, with no money, no home, no education. Now we have degrees, have a nice home and are getting to start over. As DW said, "We know what the bottom is and this is nowhere near, so how are we going to celebrate in six months, when everything is done and closed?

Now Frustrated we are done feeling sorry for ourselves, perhaps we all need to get to work. It is only 24 weeks away and I need a fair amount of money for the cruise DW has picked out. Will we make our goal *shrugs* who knows, but we are scrimping, scraping, saving and if we do not make it in six months, then maybe we will celebrate in 8 months or 12 months or 16 months.

Perhaps others in this thread will be able to join us on this cruise. *shrugs* They are fun and something for me and DW to look forward too. Everyone needs something to look forward too.
                Filed 5/27/09
                341 7/2/09
                341 held
                Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

I am sending those hugs. I have vaccinated my own puppies so I am sure the cats can't be much worse. Easy to do. Hang in there.
                  Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
                  341 Meeting 6/5/09
                  Discharged 8/5/09
                  Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Thanks for the hugs and well wishes everyone. I got fixed what had to be fixed to make the car driveable (they were fixing that as I typed my earlier message), as I can't attend interviews without transportation. Even though there is fierce competition for all jobs right now, and especially the one I interviewed for earlier, I still have another two interviews this week and next. Plus I might get a second interview for the one I had earlier today; I'll know in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to stay positive, I've only been looking for not even a month yet.

I wish wish wish I could handle needles, then I would donate plasma. They compensate you for your time when you do that, and if my husband and I both donated it would provide a little cushion so that we could make it each month without this much stress. But I have a severe phobia of needles, even if I could pass the health part, which I doubt since my heart rate and blood pressure would skyrocket when confronted with the sight of a needle.

Anyways, thanks again for all the support everyone. I really appreciate it. I feel much better now. I know things will get better. I just need to find a job to really get things moving in the right direction. Please do send positive thoughts/prayers my way that I find something soon. This board has been such a blessing.

Comment

HUGS your way.

The vaccines can wait, thank god they are not sick!

Ive been interviewing for jobs now for a while and to me it seemed like i was so sure i nailed this job and when i got the rejection letter i left work crying, Ive finally started a new position today, its only a lateral transfer, which means no more money, but i think ill be happier in the new dept.

i go thru the same thing of having everything planned out and then before you know it some unexpected expense comes up and there goes the bank acct.

its not easy, and honey we are all going to have these days. Just try to relax and realize it will get better, and you can always come here to vent
                      retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
                      10/30/10- WEDDING!!
                      09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

I know how overwhelming all of it is. It just feels like WHY?????

For the cats. If you have to wait a month or 2 months, it's not going to be a problem, especially if they don't go outside. In the meantime, the Humane Society in most areas does low-cost vaccination clinics. Give them a call and they'll tell you when and where. It will be a HUGE savings for you. They will give you the paperwork so you can give it to your regular vet for proof.
                        Filed Chap 7 on 3/6/2009
                        341 on 4/15/2009
                        Discharged 6/16/2009

Comment

Frustrated- it will get better! I felt the way you do a few months ago but the day I paid my attorney it seemed the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. I just handed "all my problems" to that guy and he is taking care of it. You must be positive- know that things could happen that are much, much worse and be thankful that this is just a money problem; not your health, not your family, etc. Cheer up and know that we are all sending hugs to each other right now!

Comment

Sending you hugs. I feel like crying too. I hope it gets better soon..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X