Verizon and cell phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon and cell phones

We have a personal account with Verizon, my husband has a cell, I have a blackberry, and we keep a phone for our son and we have my old line I had before the blackberry. Our bill runs about $200 a month and we may be filing personal bankruptcy within the next 3-6 months. We would be fine with the bill and could continue paying it in full and on time with no problem, if we could get out of my son's contract and the extra phone with the contract and just have my husband's and my phone.

If we file company bankrupty, we may lose our phone system and then we would use our cell phones to start up a new company. We travel quite a bit with business so we really need a phone and mine will also check our emails which is essential for our business.

Is there anyway to get Verizon to drop our contracts on those two lines. Maybe if we renew the other two lines for two more years? They they still get the same time of contract? Then I could leave verizon out of the bk and just keep paying it and using the service. or will they cut us off anyway?

If I tell them we are going to file bankruptcy and suggest that they renew our two phones and drop the other two, do you think they would do it?

Here is what they will do. If you are current with your bill and you file bankruptcy they will change your acct # to a -2 or -1 and continue to keep you phone running. However, if you want to get rid of an account make sure you quit using the phone as soon as you file bankruptcy. Just keep paying on the phones you want to keep. I would actually quit using it a month before you file. If you not sure, you may want to find out how much it would cost to cancel your contract for the kids phone. Get it in writing and include that whole amount in your BK. Hope this helps guide you.

Comment

Update and Success!

We have 4 lines on a family account and our bill is like $250 a month. ONe line isn't being used and one is for my 20 year old son that should take care of his own phone but he is irresponsible with it and no matter how much parental usage I put on it, somehow his bill is always way over the $9.99 for an extra line. So I told them we might be bankrupt soon but want to keep our 2 main phones and service with them but our atty said that was too big a bill and the bk court would throw it all out, canceling our acct and them losing money. So I suggested they NOT charge my the two termination fees totaling $290 for the two lines we don't want and instead, they could renew the two lines we want to keep for 2 years each. She had to ask a supervisor but they went for it. Now our bill should be at least in half and I'm going to change our plan to a cheaper one next week too so it will be substantially lower. Even if bk throws out the contracts, it will save us money in the meantime cause it could be months before filing if we file at all

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X