Getting organized tips for bk filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting organized tips for bk filing

Some of what I will share in this post may be a no-brainer, but if you are not organized you may benefit from my tips.

I apologize in advance to those of you who already are doing something like this; I dont want to insult anyone.

I was inspired by the bk tactical manual to get organized, especially the part that says if the trustee asks for documents give them to him and dont make him mad.

I concluded that its better to go in to the 341 meeting armed with more information than the trustee will need, but to do it appearing as if you got your sh*t together.

Part 1--organizing docs for the attorney:
    My attorney had a checklist of docs he needed to prepare for the filing. Of course, I had to answer the schedule questions. It also consisted of 60 days worth of paychecks, 3 months of checking account statements, the last statement from each creditor, mortage info, secure loan info, taxes filed for last tax year, insurance policies, and a few other requirements.

I spent a good hour at Kinkos printing lots of docs that I had in electronic format. Save your electronic statements/docs on your computer and put them on a CD ROM or thumb drive and print them. You can use your home printer but may end spending more money on ink.

So, go to Kinkos for all its worth. Dont use Kinkos online printing services. You dont want a Kinkos employee printing and packaging your financial documents.

If you bring the docs in on external media, you dont burn that many minutes on the kinkos computer and can print quickly. Or, e-mail them to yourself and retrieve them from your mail and print them. If you have a laptop you can connect it at Kinkos and save money.

Kinkos has free color paper that you can use to separate each set of docs. Using a marker, label the color paper with what the doc is (ie, paystubs) and attach it with the paper clip to the docs. Paper clips are also free at kinkos.

Kinkos has boxes that they use for printing orders. Ask for a box for your docs. They will give it to you for free if you spent money on their self-serve equipment.

That box goes to your lawyer.

Part 2 -- Preparing your 3-ring binder for the 341 meeting. This is more comprehensive than part 1. I'll post this in the near future if there is demand. Let me know if part 1 was useful

Thanks....I look forward to Part 2.

My lawyer said she had never seen someone as organized as I was so I look forward to more organizational tips for my 341 meeting.

I never thought of a 3-ring binder.
    07/24/09 -- Filed Chapter 7
    09/22/09 -- 341 Meeting
    09/25/09 -- Pacer States "No Assets"
    11/25/09 --DISCHARGED!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, please post as much information as you are willing to share. I need every single bit of advice I can possibly get!
      08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
      04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
      06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
      08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

That is great information, thanks. I would love to hear about the 341 binder, mine is (omg) 4 days away so hurry up! I just had a little heart attack while counting down the days. Do you own stock in Kinkos?

Comment

I'll post it today but in another thread titled part 2....

Eddie--no stock in Kinkos...lolol. However, I am - by nature - obsessive compulsive when it comes to organization, so things like 3-ring binders are just, well, normal to me.

I was in a masters program a couple years ago and all the lesson plans were PDF files on a web portal. That sucked because I wasn't going to use my resources at work to print the lesson plans, although my job reimbursed me for tuition. That is when I mastered the art of maximizing all the resources at Kinkos.

Comment

I am a little OCD too, nothing wrong with that, as far as I am concerned everybody SHOULD have OCD, the world would be a better place

I just got an email from my lawyer, unfortunately he only needs me to bring my ss card and picture ID. No binder for me.

Post it though, I am still interested

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
              I am a little OCD too, nothing wrong with that, as far as I am concerned everybody SHOULD have OCD, the world would be a better place

I just got an email from my lawyer, unfortunately he only needs me to bring my ss card and picture ID. No binder for me.

Post it though, I am still interested
              Eddie, part 2 is posted. Check it out

Comment

I meant to write that its posted for everyone...not just Eddie

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X