my 341 was today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 341 was today

and sorry ,but the hamster can't come out yet...

we filed pro se. we were the 9th case this morning and 6 of us have to come back on november 9th for different reason.
    mine,I have to amend 2 schedules.
    one is an error about the amount of books and pictures.I need to put $105 instead of $80,but i am pretty sure she looked on the continuation page for the assets and not for the exemption....I let go of $25 worth of cd's//
    and the other one,I am no too sure,but it is about the value of the car that we are reaffirming.she (not the trustee) but she was at the table anyway taking notes,told us that value should be $1 because we owed more than what it was worth.the trustee told us not to worry,he would be mailing us the paperwork ,and to make sure to file before the november 9th .

it was a pretty simple meeting,the trustee and the woman were pretty friendly.an attorney asked if his case could be moved up ,because his client had his infant son with him.while the case was going on ,an another atorney was distracting the baby by making funny faces.

so here are the questions we were asked:
    our names address phone number
    if we put all of our creditors on the forms
    if we closed bank accounts
    if we sold transfered anything in the past 2 years
    if we were involved in lawsuits
    foreclosure repo
    if we put oall of our incomes for the past 3 years

it was pretty lay back,and no worry at all...

there was a case that really baffled me,the lady had a lawyer,and was asked if she wanted to reaffirm a loan for her couch.how odd? and would a company really want an old used couch?
    filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
    341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
    2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
    discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

That is strange! Reaffirm for a couch?? Did they really get down to your CDs and Books and Picutres? WoW!!

Comment

I'm sure the couch was secured by the creditor and most likely the petition indicated she intended to reaffirm the debt. The court would most likely not have let her reaffirm the debt for the couch if she presented a reaffirmation agreement.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Do they always ask if you have sold anything in the last TWO YEARS, I have sold a lot of my personal belongings over the last TWO YEARS at yard sale and flea markets to make ends meet but I had no intention of going BK at the time when I sold the things. We are talking trivial things nothing of note.

Comment

Originally posted by percy View Post
          Do they always ask if you have sold anything in the last TWO YEARS, I have sold a lot of my personal belongings over the last TWO YEARS at yard sale and flea markets to make ends meet but I had no intention of going BK at the time when I sold the things. We are talking trivial things nothing of note.
          the trustee asked that question to everyone...but he was looking for big ticket items...I guess.

and yes ,they asked about the cd's,but my guess it was because it was not the same amount on the schedule for exemption,and the schedule for assets.
          filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
          341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
          2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
          discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

Thanks for posting this very helpful information and congrats on a fresh start!

Comment

Originally posted by Patch View Post
              the trustee asked that question to everyone...but he was looking for big ticket items...I guess.

and yes ,they asked about the cd's,but my guess it was because it was not the same amount on the schedule for exemption,and the schedule for assets.
              So is it a problem? I mean if you sold say a computer, or some electronics that you no longer used, and got $1000 or so, what is the issue that arises? I am not talking within 90-120 days of filing, I am talking in the last 2 years......

Comment

Nobody cares outside of 90 days. 341's are a cakewalk 99.9 percent of the time. The people with issues should have/did see them coming.
                Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                341 Meeting 09/09/09
                Discharged 11/12/09
                Closed 12/14/09

Comment

You're on the way. Good luck and the fresh start will be here soon!
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Patch, you are on your way, congrats on filing pro se, and you have another date not so far away.
                    Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
                    341 Meeting 01/05/2009
                    Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X