Filed Feb 19th - Thanks and Question on Paying Wells Fargo Mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed Feb 19th - Thanks and Question on Paying Wells Fargo Mortgage

I joined the BK Forum in April 2009 the same month that we clearly saw that bankruptcy was our only solution. I want to thank the members of the forum because you kept me calm for the last ten months.

We are not reaffirming our Wells Fargo mortgage but are going to keep our home. We are current and our attorney said that they may not send us a notice but we should pay the same way we always have which is to physically go to Wells Fargo bank to make the payment. Just want to be sure there won't be any glitches in this and they will accept our payment. Does anyone here have the same situation with Wells Fargo?

April 2009 - Made decision to file bankruptcy. Stopped using CC.
    May 2009 - Stopped paying CC
    September 2009 - Retained attorney.
    February 2010 - Filed Chapter 7
    March 25, 2010 - 341 scheduled
    Feb 2010 - Filed Chapter 7
    March 2010 - 341 Meeting
    May 2010 - Discharged
    June 2010 - Closed

Dont know about Wells Fargo, But I received my first Citi Mortgage statement since I filed 1/23, and it stated for informational purposes only, this is not an attemp to collect a Debt. I pay through my CU bill pay service, and so far all payments have gone through
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Nice handle where did you get the idea?

Comment

Hope our payment process goes as well as yours.

Optimistic1 - Makes me look like a copycat but I'm innocent, really. When I joined the forum I was trying stay positive about the whole situation so chose to be Optimistic and it was 2009.
        March 2010 - 341 Meeting
        May 2010 - Discharged
        June 2010 - Closed

Comment

I have a Wells Fargo Mortgage, you will need to send in your payments via mail until discharge. When I called they gave me a completely different address (in Los Angeles), but I had a gut feeling the address was wrong and I didn't want any problems so I called back and asked for the BK dept and they gave me another address in IL. I used to pay via bill pay (I have a Wells Fargo Checking/Savings accounts), or go into the bank and pay, since I've been discharged Sept '09, Wells Fargo STILL HAVEN'T given me access to pay online or through the Bank. Every time I call, I am routed around and around, never get a rep and sometimes get "accidently" hung up on Make sure you send in the mortgage check BY THE 8th of the month and *if* you can't make the deadline, call and pay over the phone (costs $20 bucks extra).
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Thanks for posting your question b/c we have WF mortgage and also will not reaffirm but will keep the home. I wondered how the payments would need to be handled. Right now they do a direct draft from our checking account every two weeks. I wonder if they'll stop doing that.
            Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
            Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
            Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
            Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic09 View Post
              Hope our payment process goes as well as yours.

Optimistic1 - Makes me look like a copycat but I'm innocent, really. When I joined the forum I was trying stay positive about the whole situation so chose to be Optimistic and it was 2009.
              Great minds think alike, going through this mess you better have optimism for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                Make sure you send in the mortgage check BY THE 8th of the month and *if* you can't make the deadline, call and pay over the phone (costs $20 bucks extra).
                Why the 8 th of the month ?? is there some significance for that ??
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                  Why the 8 th of the month ?? is there some significance for that ??
                  Thats what the WF rep told me. I think it was to make sure the check got to them (the new address for BK) before the 15th.
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by coolmom04 View Post
                    Thanks for posting your question b/c we have WF mortgage and also will not reaffirm but will keep the home. I wondered how the payments would need to be handled. Right now they do a direct draft from our checking account every two weeks. I wonder if they'll stop doing that.
                    My attorney thinks the auto draft payments will stop so I canceled them and will just pay at the bank in person each month. At least then I know it's paid.
                    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                    341, 05/10/2010
                    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Just a followup to say thank you for the help with where to pay our Wells Fargo mortgage payment. We contacted the bankruptcy department and were given and address in IA to send our mortgage payment to. We mailed it on the 6th and it already posted to our account on the 8th. Nice to know it has been taken care of without any glitches.
                      Thanks again.
                      March 2010 - 341 Meeting
                      May 2010 - Discharged
                      June 2010 - Closed

Comment

I'm so glad it worked out well.

I talked to the BK department yesterday and was surprised how nice they were! They told me they'd stop they weren't legally allowed to do the auto drafts during BK and to call after we file to get the mailing address for our payments.
                        Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
                        Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
                        Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
                        Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Originally posted by coolmom04 View Post
                          ...I talked to the BK department yesterday and was surprised how nice they were! ...
                          Funny, I had the same experience with my mortgage lender and the lender on my 5th wheel. Before filing I was the scum of the earth, after, they couldn't be nicer. Guess different departments have different goals.
                          Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Seems no problem

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                            I have a Wells Fargo Mortgage, you will need to send in your payments via mail until discharge.
                            I had online access prior to filing Ch7, and I still do, and they still accept payments. I guess it varies. Seems to me, they want to keep getting payments

Comment

Originally posted by Optimistic09 View Post
                              Just a followup to say thank you for the help with where to pay our Wells Fargo mortgage payment. We contacted the bankruptcy department and were given and address in IA to send our mortgage payment to. We mailed it on the 6th and it already posted to our account on the 8th. Nice to know it has been taken care of without any glitches.
                              Thanks again.
                              FYI: I was finally able to resolve my issue with WF mortgage, although I was discharged over 6 months ago, my account hadn't been reinstated to pay the mortgage online. I've called and called but no one knew the answer. Anyway, it seems that your mortgage gets "kick out of their system" while you are awaiting discharge and you will have to CALL and have them ADD you back in like it's a new account (everytime I called they would say, your account looks fine, I don't know why you aren't able to pay online?). Good Luck!
                              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X