top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bankruptcy: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

Midly amusing new show on the proposed BK 2020 reform act

John Oliver details why people file for bankruptcy, how needlessly difficult the process can be, and the ways we can better serve people struggling with debt...

Info on act is here

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/4991/text

https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Consumer%20Bankruptcy%20Reform%20Act%20of%202020%2 0One-Pager%20(1).pdf

We don't talk about any proposed bankruptcy act changes, because they never end up being anywhere near the first proposals. You can look no further than the BAPCPA of 2005 for an idea as to why we don't even really care what's proposed.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      We don't talk about any proposed bankruptcy act changes, because they never end up being anywhere near the first proposals. You can look no further than the BAPCPA of 2005 for an idea as to why we don't even really care what's proposed.
      i cant find a way to delete posts on here.. but feel free

yeah and i know what you mean by the pandering done by legislators by blue moon to-good-to-be-true reforms

Comment

I didn't mean that we don't post about it. The better word should be that we haven't discussed it. The reason is because past amendments to the bankruptcy act have looked nothing like the initial blue-sky puffery.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X