top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealerships is full of BS all i hear is lies., Still cannot get financing with a 670

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealerships is full of BS all i hear is lies., Still cannot get financing with a 670

Still cannot get financing for a used car with a 670 score because a past bk. dealer tells me i cannot by a used car because a bank will not finance a used car because its to old or the miles is high is 60k-70k miles to high on a 03? Then iam told i could get a new car beacuse the bank may finance a new car. i dont want a new car i want a cheap used car. i dont understand this at all.maybe someone could tell whats the diffrent.and now as today i still dont have a car yet i have heard so much BS from dealerships i can write a book about it. i have got decline letters from every lender. one dealer tells me can get me approved but my rate will be 20%-24%. kia or hyundai. i told him to kick rocks.
    Filed ch7 8/14/07
    341 meeting 9/18/07
    DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Try a credit union!
    Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
    341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
    Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
    Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

Comment

It's the BK not the credit score that is hurting you. If you didn't have the BK on your credit reports and just had the credit score, you probably would easily get financing. If you had more cash to put down on a used car your chances would be higher for a loan cause it would bring down the amount of the car and a lower amount to finance. The BK makes you look like a risk in the lender's eyes if you are not putting a lot down on the car and have several years of high payments on a 5 or 6 year old car.

Some folks do not have a hard time after BK getting financing and some do. Unfortunately, many think it will be a breeze after filing BK and they can walk right in, now debt free, and get financing on a vehicle, purchase a house or get approved for credit cards. Just doesn't happen that way.

In the past, did you have a loan with either GMAC or Ford Credit or another major car related lender and paid that loan off in full and were never late? If so, that can work to your advantage if you go to a dealership carrying that make of car. Your chances for financing on the same brand vehicle are higher than where you stand right now.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by sharksfan View Post
        Try a credit union!
        if the bank will not approve me why would a credit union do so with a bk on file.what credit unions are bk friendly?
        Last edited by NOMOREBADCREDIT; 06-28-2008, 08:06 AM.
        Filed ch7 8/14/07
        341 meeting 9/18/07
        DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          It's the BK not the credit score that is hurting you. If you didn't have the BK on your credit reports and just had the credit score, you probably would easily get financing. If you had more cash to put down on a used car your chances would be higher for a loan cause it would bring down the amount of the car and a lower amount to finance. The BK makes you look like a risk in the lender's eyes if you are not putting a lot down on the car and have several years of high payments on a 5 or 6 year old car.

Some folks do not have a hard time after BK getting financing and some do. Unfortunately, many think it will be a breeze after filing BK and they can walk right in, now debt free, and get financing on a vehicle, purchase a house or get approved for credit cards. Just doesn't happen that way.

In the past, did you have a loan with either GMAC or Ford Credit or another major car related lender and paid that loan off in full and were never late? If so, that can work to your advantage if you go to a dealership carrying that make of car. Your chances for financing on the same brand vehicle are higher than where you stand right now.
          i have credit cards from the same banks that told me no.i dont get it
          Filed ch7 8/14/07
          341 meeting 9/18/07
          DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

We purchased a very reliable 92 Grand Am with 95k and paid 800 and could have gotten it for less. However I put 200 into it with tires plugs and oil and it runs like a fine watch. It was an ex police car, lots of idle time. Now there are charities that auction cars, and many used car places buy here, pay here, though they are high interest. A private party is best if you can dig up 2k. Make sure you check it out well though. Cars are not hard to purchase in our area and the gas guzzlers will become cheaper.

I purchased a 93 blazer with 95k on it. Kelly Blue said it was worth 5k and I talked the guy down to 2k and paid him 1k cash with a promise I would pay the rest in a month. He said he could not let me have the car unless paid off, I told him, "look, you got half the money, I have a temp tag and you have the title so if you want to sell it, do it my way". He did. Blazer is running well. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              We purchased a very reliable 92 Grand Am with 95k and paid 800 and could have gotten it for less. However I put 200 into it with tires plugs and oil and it runs like a fine watch. It was an ex police car, lots of idle time. Now there are charities that auction cars, and many used car places buy here, pay here, though they are high interest. A private party is best if you can dig up 2k. Make sure you check it out well though. Cars are not hard to purchase in our area and the gas guzzlers will become cheaper.

I purchased a 93 blazer with 95k on it. Kelly Blue said it was worth 5k and I talked the guy down to 2k and paid him 1k cash with a promise I would pay the rest in a month. He said he could not let me have the car unless paid off, I told him, "look, you got half the money, I have a temp tag and you have the title so if you want to sell it, do it my way". He did. Blazer is running well. 'Hub
              thanks. i have car but it on its last leg 200k miles i got my moneys worth with it.
              Filed ch7 8/14/07
              341 meeting 9/18/07
              DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Get financing first then walk into the dealership. It give you the upper hand. Try local credit unions, try Christian Community Credit Union, try roadloans, try capital one blank check,

Go into the dealership with your homework done on the car you want. Get the best deal and then tell them that you already have your own financing but they are welcome to try and beat the rate.
                Filed: 10/26/2006
                Discharged: 03/05/2007
                Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

I went on lendingtree.com ...got approval, but I had to use a cosigner. Can anyone vouche with you?

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
                    I went on lendingtree.com ...got approval, but I had to use a cosigner. Can anyone vouche with you?

Yeah, Twuoo and I have both had success with the Cap 1 blank check program and, a cosigner.

Comment

Originally posted by NOMOREBADCREDIT View Post
                      i have credit cards from the same banks that told me no.i dont get it
                      Doesn't matter - it's the BK. Maybe too much credit too soon? Too many inquiries? A BK on your reports can hold you back anytime for anything - doesn't mean you will get approved if you have open credit cards or not. No creditor has to accept you if they don't want to. Why do you think creditors keep a BK on credit reports for so long a period after one files? Makes it harder for one to get credit/financing from any creditor viewing those reports.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by JollyGG View Post
                        Get financing first then walk into the dealership. It give you the upper hand. Try local credit unions, try Christian Community Credit Union, try roadloans, try capital one blank check,

Go into the dealership with your homework done on the car you want. Get the best deal and then tell them that you already have your own financing but they are welcome to try and beat the rate.
                        this company's already told me no.
                        Filed ch7 8/14/07
                        341 meeting 9/18/07
                        DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
                          no cannot get cosigner.
                          Filed ch7 8/14/07
                          341 meeting 9/18/07
                          DISCHARGED 11/20/07

Comment

is there a carmax dealer near you? we were able to get a used van from them using our old van as our down payment. fico is 660, was discharged nov 07. no other credit applied for since then. apr is 10%. better than my apr when i got my first car 10 yrs ago (12%), you can refinance after you establish your credit again.

Comment

Originally posted by NOMOREBADCREDIT View Post
                              this company's already told me no.
                              Which one. I listed four and there are many more out there.
                              Filed: 10/26/2006
                              Discharged: 03/05/2007
                              Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X