Clear All

Need a car loan discharge plus 6 months

So I need to replace my truck 15 years old 309k miles on it
    We received our discharge last September

My credit scores are good now 683 679 679

Who can or should I go thru to secure a loan I'm putting down a nice
    Chink of change so only looking to finance 11k give or take

Need some advice from the good people here

I must say that credit unions (CUs) are the best. Even better than a CU is Navy Federal (NFCU) and USAA if you can gain membership. I would shop my rates at a local credit union followed by some of the bigger commercial lenders (like Cap One Auto Finance and maybe even RoadLoans) for rate shopping. Just shop your rates all around the same week so as not to impact your score.

Your "auto enhanced score" is likely to be higher than what you listed here, and that may get you "Tier 1" financing (meaning the best and lowest rates). For new cars, NFCU is doing 1.99% for new cars (up to 60-months) and late model used cars for 2.29% for well-qualified buyers. I would use the NFCU rates as a guideline of what would constitute a good rate. If you purchase a new car from a dealer and use manufacturer financing, you may be able to get 0% especially with a large down payment. (NFCU actually goes down to 1.49% for 35 months loans for well-qualified borrowers.)
    Last edited by justbroke; 04-20-2015, 03:51 PM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Cap One Auto has surprisingly good rates and there are many reports of people with recent BKs being approved.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X