lender is being difficult to give payoff amount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lender is being difficult to give payoff amount

I filed ch 7 and it was discharged in 2013. I have a house that was part of the ch 7 and the I didn't reaffirm the mortgage. I didn't want to to keep the house so I stopped making payments and let the house foreclose or let the trustee sell it. I found out after all this time the trustee never sold the property abandoned the house. I also found out that the original lender Green Tree now Ditech was going to take the house but the lender rescinded. So my I called my bk attorney and he said try to sell the house because when I filed for bk my balance was only 101,000, i'm sure that it might be a little bit more like 135 or 140 with extra fees and the the house is worth 235. So I called Ditech 3 times and they said they would mail me a payoff amount but it hasn't happened and I haven't received anything. The only thing they said was the house was in the foreclosure process but no time when there will be an auction. My realtor said that since my house is listed that should help stop a foreclosure date because the lender would rather have you sell the home instead of them foreclose and have the lender paid but if that's the case why can't they give a payoff amount already. Has anyone been through this?

You might want to submit a payoff request to Ditech in writing.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It sounds like you have plenty of equity to pay expenses of sale and the mortgage. Once you find a buyer and are in escrow, the escrow agent will submit a payoff request to Ditech. If they don't respond, the escrow agent will know how to get them to respond.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you for the advice, if I would of known the trustee abandoned the house I would of definitely put the house for sale immediately. My old bk attorney found out recently that trustee has been out of business since 2014.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X