Did not reaffirm mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did not reaffirm mortgage

I am just wondering, recently discharged from chapter 7. I did not reaffirm my mortgage, so I am wondering where this exactly leaves me. I am doing the stay and pay. But what are my future options should I wish to sell the house can I? As well if balance is discharged would I still get statement for my taxes of interest paid? I don't feel like I have answers to these questions still. Or am I just stuck in this house for every. There is equity in the property.

The house is yours subject to the bank's lien, just like it was before you filed BK. You can sell it just like you could before the BK, with the balance on the mortgage being paid from escrow. The bank will still send you tax statements. They may not send you billing statements for fear of violating the permanent injunction against collecting a discharged debt. If they don't send statements, call them and ask if they will.

What is different from before you filed BK, is that if you decide you don't want to pay on the mortgage or sell and want to just walk away, you can stop making payments and move out or wait for them to foreclose and evict you, then walk away without any personal liability for the loan.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X