Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Get Mortgage Payoff Without a Reaffirmation

Hi to everyone!
    Can anyone tell me how I can get my mortgage company to send me a payoff so that I may use it when I sell my home? I have heard from some that it may be difficult since there was no reaffirmation and they have no obligation to do so. I would think a mortgage company would be more than willing to give out that information since they will be getting paid. Can anyone chime in and give me some input please. Thanks everyone!
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

I have never read about such an issue. Of course a bank would like to be paid in full. Simply contact the bank at the customer service number. You may need to ask for the bankruptcy or loss mitigation department, but you can certainly receive a payoff amount.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks Just Broke! It made absolutely no sense to me as well! Would you like to know who I heard this from? A mortgage loan officer! She claimed to have 22 years of experience also. Same person who told me I cannot qualify for a FHA mortgage because I did not reaffirm my mortgage. She said I should have walked away from home immediately because even in a traditional sale of a home I have to wait 3 years AFTER the sale to even be considered for an FHA loan!
      08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
      04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
      06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
      08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X