how to get new mtg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to get new mtg?

Ch 7 discharged 2009, one house foreclosed 2011, and bank does not want the other house. This house was being sold in land contract. no payments made to us since filed for bk. County tried to foreclose for property taxes but people living in it made payment arrangements and stopped it. We don't have the money to foreclose and it probably won't sell anyways. That is in Ohio. We moved to fl a couple years ago and want to buy a house. Question is can my husband do a quit claim deed and get his name off of the deed and then be able to get a mtg with just him? Can we both sign a quit claim deed and just give it to the people living in it. The house was a started home for us and probably only worth around 40000. We owe 60000. We would probably be able to save about 4oo a month if we could buy versus paying rent. We are in central FL if anyone knows a lender that is willing to work with us. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

woooooooooooo....you did a land contract and there was no deed held in escrow with the atty doing the land contract???? a land contact is usually when the buyer wraps around YOUR existing mortgage but until that is done has no right of ownership. was your mortgage discharged in bk?? if they do not hold the deed how could they pay off the taxes? so ...and i'm thinking out loud here, they must have the deed. that means there was a deed transfer without the buyers assuming or paying off the mortgage. let me guess, some broker did a land contract.

if that's the case you don't move to foreclose you move to evict them. if you could provide a bit more information it would be helpful. as for getting a home in florida we ended up having to do owner financing, no way a bank would touch us. paid off the first house in less than three years...didn't help...actually right now we are purchasing a second home cash and just wanted 20-30k and everyone turned us down. we are also in central florida.

our home in the other state is not foreclosed on yet but we cannot get an mortgage until 2016 because although not foreclosed we are on the caivrs list and until one is off, no mortgage. i would check to see if you are on that list prior to even trying to get a mortgage.
    Last edited by tobee43; 12-12-2013, 09:51 AM.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X