Bank reporting after Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank reporting after Chapter 7

In 2011 I Filed for Chapter 7 and was discharged 12/2011.
    Did not reafirrm the mortgage but continue to pay our mortgage payment. In Sept of last year We fell behind in our mortgage and inquired about re signing our mortgage to get a lower rate then what we have. We were denied because the 70 point drop in my credit score because of the bank reporting this. I ran my credit report, the bank has been reporting the payments on the mortgage. Also the credit agency shows the mortgage as "open".

Should this be disputed? or seeing that it shows I only have 2 months of late payment on my mortgage history, Should I leave it and let the bank report the payments?
    8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
    9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
    Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

You can definitely dispute it because the bank should not be reporting negative information about a discharged loan. But, I don't know whether the positive reporting of your ongoing payments overrides the negative of a couple of late payments. The damage of the late payments will decline as time passes and eventually fall completely off your credit reports. If you want to refinance now and the late payments are keeping you from getting approved, than you should probably dispute it. You can always prove to a future lender that you made on time payments even if they don't show up on the credit report. Maybe a mortgage broker could give you some advice.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X