A Good Secured Credit Card Company...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Good Secured Credit Card Company...?

Does anyone know of a good secured credit card company? I need one for online purchases and etc.

thank you!!
    NotFun
    Filed: 10/31/2007
    341: 12/05/2007
    Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Originally posted by NotFun View Post
    Does anyone know of a good secured credit card company? I need one for online purchases and etc.
    Consider a debit card instead. They work perfectly well for online purchases.

If you need to rent cars and hotels, most companies will work with a debit card although in some cases you may have to pay the total rental cost upfront ahead of the rental.

Secured cards charge APRs and some charge fees as well. You will be taking on new debt before your case is closed - not a good idea, especially in a high-income, high-debt case like yours. See http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/19990823.asp for the ins and outs of secured credit cards.

I doubt that a lender will approve a secured card for you while you are in an active Ch 7 case. After your case is closed is the time to get a secured credit card to help with credit rebuilding.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget