Credit Card Woes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann1073 View Post
    I'm curious - of those who have been discharged and taken on new credit, have you found yourself getting in over your head again? Do you use the card? If so, do you pay the balance each month or carry a balance?

We have been living without credit for so long (not by our choice at first, of course ) that it's just unimaginable to think of getting more.

ann
    Things got a little out of hand shortly after filing, but I am now back on track and have only about 1100 in credit card balance that will be down to zero once I get my bonus next month.

I have now gotten into a different mindset and only purchase things that I can afford with cash. We recently bought a new TV for the bedroom, and also a new computer (old one died) and I paid with my debit card...FELT GREAT!!!!!!!!

It is very easy to get back into the credit card mindset. WE have now over 16,000 in available credit that we do not plan on using at all!!
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I found myself getting over my head again. And what happened was even though I wasn't paying any of my bills late, my FICO score took a nose dive because of all the revolving debt. It totally reversed all my good efforts of restoring my credit. So I took all those new credit cards and put them in a glad plastic container. Filled it with water and froze the credit cards. So far I haven't used a credit card since Christmas time. And I'm only paying on the cards. I have one card almost paid off.

Comment

Originally posted by cap350z View Post
        So I took all those new credit cards and put them in a glad plastic container. Filled it with water and froze the credit cards.
        I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm going to utilize this tactic when rebuilding credit. Setup a single bill to charge on a particular card, setup an automatic payment for the card, then put it on ice!
        Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
        341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
        Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
        Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

Comment

I got an orchard secured card right after discharge and I had debt with HSBC. It said there was an annual fee but I was never charged it. I have had the card since december. They have reported to all 3 credit bureaus as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X