My Scores after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Scores after BK

Hello everyone, first of all i want to thank everyone that has helped me throught this process, thanks to all of you, it was seemless.

my chapter 7 was discharged in march, 2009.

im currently 22 years old and my scores are:
    experian: 667
    Trans:642
    Equif:605

with experian i have thee negative accounts and 6 good accounts.
    Negative: BK, HSBC(its 3 years old), and one more negatice

i cant get equifax to delete most of the negative info

are these scores good?

i applied for the capital one, as per this forum, and got approved for $500, and they are going to increase the limit to $750 at the end of this month
    I also got a Public Savings Bank Secured card with a $1500 limit.

Im a authorized user of American Express accounts (2 accounts)

I also have a jewelry store account, in great standing, almost paid off.

I use mycreditkeeper.com for reporting and monitoring.

Am i on a good path? are my scores okay?

will i be able to get an auto loan? which bank?

thanks for all your help

Just don't dig yourself a new hole. While I will encourage people to re-establish their credit post discharge... don't over-do it. Credit is a necessary evil these days, but you want to only acquire a moderate amount, sufficient to provide you with the tools necessary to work and live.

If you can't buy your lunch or dinner without putting it on a credit card, because you don't have the cash now, then you're back on that road to debt. Sure, I use to say... "but the points!". I collect points now with my debit card(s), so I can't use that anymore.

As for auto loans, the auto score is not the same as the FICO score. They way prior automobile trade lines much greater, and any repossession will kiill the score.

Your scores look great for someone one-year post-discharge.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X