top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for Cap One yesterday (again). This time I didn't get instant denial (yay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied for Cap One yesterday (again). This time I didn't get instant denial (yay)

said I would have an answer within 7-10 business days. Is this a good sign? Bad sign? Can go either way?

We included them in our BK (discharged May 10) and have been denied once or twice because we had too much current or past delinquent accounts with them.

We are hoping to buy a house in 3 years so we have to rebuild our credit. I'm hoping to just use 10% of avail credit monthly and paying it off each month.

Thanks for any input.

The 7-10 days decision could go either way. It means they are manually reviewing your application.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I applied at Capital One 3 wks ago, got the same message but got a new unsecured CC in the mail 8 days later. I did not BK them.
      Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
      Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
      Case went without a hitch!
      I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

If you BK'ed them, don't hold your breath on getting another unsecured card so soon after discharge. Many times, if you have several delinquent accounts, you'll need more time before you get accepted. Pull your credit reports and be sure they are correct and the accounts say $0 balance. Remember, if you have issues before BK, most will continue to report that way. Your best friend is time and responsible bill payment. Unfortunately for so many, rebuilding credit is tough when no one will give you credit.

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
          If you BK'ed them, don't hold your breath on getting another unsecured card so soon after discharge. Many times, if you have several delinquent accounts, you'll need more time before you get accepted. Pull your credit reports and be sure they are correct and the accounts say $0 balance. Remember, if you have issues before BK, most will continue to report that way. Your best friend is time and responsible bill payment. Unfortunately for so many, rebuilding credit is tough when no one will give you credit.
          I totally agree with dspii. I would also add that several on this board have had success even having bk'ed cap one, after several applications with cap one, spaced several months apart. If you get a denial, try again in several months after cleaning up your reports.

Comment

I am following this advice. Heck, I may possibly never get another card from them again. I tried again after a few months via online app. Was denied via online response. In the rejection letter, one item that was listed was bascially BKing on CapOne. However, I may try every 6 months.

CapOne was one of my best CC issuers. I usually had 9.9% fixed with them and at one point, they said they'd match my lowest interest rate card of 7.9%.
            Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
              I am following this advice. Heck, I may possibly never get another card from them again. I tried again after a few months via online app. Was denied via online response. In the rejection letter, one item that was listed was bascially BKing on CapOne. However, I may try every 6 months.

CapOne was one of my best CC issuers. I usually had 9.9% fixed with them and at one point, they said they'd match my lowest interest rate card of 7.9%.
              CCsAreEvil applying for a CC! This is a C'MON MAN moment.
              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post

I think you will be able to eventually get a card with them. My favorite feature of my cap one card is that they do not charge you conversion fees if you use the card in another country. Most cards do that now, but cap one doesn't and if you travel, that is a great perk. Even though I have a secured card for my business travel, I have used my cap one card too since the limit is high enough now to put things on it. It really annoys me that my secured card charges me a currency conversion rate on my own money. I try to use the cap one card when I can, since those currency conversion fees can really add up.

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
                  CCsAreEvil applying for a CC! This is a C'MON MAN moment.
                  Yeah, yeah.. gotta work with your enemies sometimes for your own gain.

I was managing my CCs before BK but when I was out of work for a year+, I had no choice but to file BK at the time. I actually don't like some of the credit card companies. But there were actually a couple of companies I did enjoy doing business with... that would be CapOne and Discover. They gave me great interest rates and never had any issues with them.

The ones I hated the most were BofA, MBNA (then was bought out by BofA.. both banks are terrible anyways). Others were Citi and Chase which would raise your interest rates when they felt like it. So, yeah, I don't like most of the companies and would never do business with these ones again.
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                    said I would have an answer within 7-10 business days. Is this a good sign? Bad sign? Can go either way?

We included them in our BK (discharged May 10) and have been denied once or twice because we had too much current or past delinquent accounts with them.

We are hoping to buy a house in 3 years so we have to rebuild our credit. I'm hoping to just use 10% of avail credit monthly and paying it off each month.

Thanks for any input.
                    oh...no we got our answer immediately with the lines and all...
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X