top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disputes are being verified incorrectly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputes are being verified incorrectly.

Ok I have disputed with Equifax online and via phone calls. There are 3 credit card companies that are verifiying info incorrectly as charge off instead of IIB. The other 2 bureaus already corrected it to IIB. Now do I dispute via mail to Equifax or to the 3 creditors directly. I want to ask them now to remove those trade lines since they have screwed up by verifying incorrectly. Where do I get a sample letter as well? I would send the proof that they verified incorrectly and do I need to send by BK petition that lists each creditor? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    Discharged Chapt 7 on 7/7/10.
    Scores as of 7/12/11: EQ Fico 653; TU Fico 644; EX Quizzle 652
    Only card right now is Cap One $2500, no AF, approved 12/4/10.

anybody have any help on this. thanks again.

Comment

Did you receice written proof from Equifax that they verified what you disputed? Since you also disputed by phone, I assume you have.

If so, send the creditor in question a copy of the wrong, verified information by CMRRR (Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested) and tell them they are now wilfully reporting incorrect information. A violation of the FCRA. If you are discharged, they are also in violation of the permanent injunction (if you are not yet discharged, they are in violation of the automatic stay).

If you want to get rid of that tradeline, tell them they should remove the tradeline from your credit-reports (if you want to keep the account, tell them they should correct the error) within 30 days.
      If they don't comly, tell them your attorney is going to file a claim against them with the BK-judge for the stay/injunction violation.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Sounds good. I did receive written proof from Equifax more than once that they verified what I disputed. It is verified incorrectly. I did try by phone as well and that didn't work either. Next is by certified mail directly to the creditor this time. If the accounts are IIB, then I suppose it would probably be best to ask the creditors to remove the tradeline completely, that way it won't show up as IIB or charge off. Am I correct in wanting it removed instead of being listed correctly as IIB. Especially if they are newer accounts, I would probably want them removed right? Is there anywhere I could get a simple standard letter to do all this, or does the language not matter that much. Thanks again for the response IBroke.

Comment

Originally posted by ssc2761 View Post
          Sounds good. I did receive written proof from Equifax more than once that they verified what I disputed. It is verified incorrectly. I did try by phone as well and that didn't work either. Next is by certified mail directly to the creditor this time. If the accounts are IIB, then I suppose it would probably be best to ask the creditors to remove the tradeline completely, that way it won't show up as IIB or charge off. Am I correct in wanting it removed instead of being listed correctly as IIB. Especially if they are newer accounts, I would probably want them removed right? Is there anywhere I could get a simple standard letter to do all this, or does the language not matter that much. Thanks again for the response IBroke.
          Yep, if these are newer accounts, they won't do you any good and you should try to have them removed. I don't have a standard letter but if you "integrate" the key-points I mentioned before (attorney, violation of BK-code etc.) it should work. And of course, it's crucial to send those letters CMRRR (Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested).

If you are focusing on rebuilding credit and are looking for additional info, I can also recommend the following forums:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/
          http://debt-consolidation-credit-rep...play.php?f=173
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

I am having the same problem with one credit card on Equifax. It is reporting correctly to the other two bureaus but I have disputed 4 times on Equifax and each time they update the charge off date to when I disputed and my score plummets. I poked around on some other forums to figure out what to do with this account and sending a letter CMRRR to the original creditor seems to be effective only some of the time.

The problem is that the original creditor is stating that they sold off the account. No other creditor is listed anywhere. I am only dealing with the original creditor at this point, and if I have to, I will get an attorney involved. My Equifax fico is 60 points lower than my fico on Transunion and my fako on Experian and the only difference is this account. In my case, I am willing to put some money towards knocking this off of my report somehow, and if my letters don't work, I am hoping an attorney's letters will.

I will update this thread once I get my trade line correctly reporting.

Good luck on getting yours reporting correctly.
            You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Yeah, I'm currently having a similar problem. My second mortgage was transferred to another lender when it was delinquent but before it was foreclosed on. The original AND new lender reported it "delinquent". Now, both accounts show a $0 balance and IIB BUT the original lender is reporting a CURRENT STATUS of "120+ days past due". So far, I only triggered the dispute with the bureaus but in case they verify this reporting, they will get my CMRRR. I mean, how can I currently be more than 120 days past due on an account IIB with a $0 balance? I have many accounts that were IIB and this is the only one considered "delinquent" as of today.

Comment

The sad thing is. We are the proactive people fixing our own credit files. There is probably numerous people out there who have no clue that they may have a bunch of incorrect/derogatory information on their credit reports.
                Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

I am going to use everyones advice and at least dispute with the original creditors by CMRRR and see what happens. I'll also update this thread once my creditors respond, if they respond.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X