Where do you pull your credit from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you pull your credit from?

I'm not post-discharge as of yet, but I'm curious as to what my credit (specifically the scores) look like so I have a comparison tool post-discharge.

Where is everyone viewing their credit, to include scores?

Do you pay for this service?
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

I use myfico, si I only view 2 out of 3. I do pay for it, but they are always running those trial offers where you can view your credit score for free.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

disconapper I use truecredit.com (run by transunion) it's 9.95/month and gives you all three credit bureaus' reports. and I think some scores.

Comment

If you have a Costco membership they use a service that's reasonably priced for all 3 credit reports. Can't remember the name but I used to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
          If you have a Costco membership they use a service that's reasonably priced for all 3 credit reports. Can't remember the name but I used to use them.
          We use this service from Costco - it is called Identity Guard and it gives you a report and fako score for all three bureaus each month. The cost is 7.49/month. We use this primarily to check our reports as we are still trying to clean up some issues, without paying too much attention to the scores - I know there is quite a bit of difference between the EQ fako from IG and the EQ myfico score. For example, my last fako EQ was 620, but I pulled my score from myfico and it was 677.
          Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

CreditKarma.com is free. But it is not the same as a FICO score. It's apparently based on your transunion score, but I don't know how close it is. I don't have any need to worry about my credit score at this point. I'm just curious to see how it changes over the life of my 13. CreditKarma is good for that.

If you use one of the trial memberships to get a score, you usually have to call to cancel. Most services I've looked into don't have a way to cancel online. If you cancel a trial subscription, make sure to keep a record of the date you called and person you spoke to and get a transaction number. One company charged my debit card twice after I cancelled. They issued a credit both times after I called them. But, you gotta keep an eye on them.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I use the service offered by USAA. It's about $12/month and I can update all 3 reports on a daily basis. Scores, of course, are FAKOs.
              Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
              FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
              FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                CreditKarma.com is free. But it is not the same as a FICO score. It's apparently based on your transunion score, but I don't know how close it is. I don't have any need to worry about my credit score at this point. I'm just curious to see how it changes over the life of my 13. CreditKarma is good for that.
                It says I have a score of 686! Evidently the Chapter 7 only counts a single deragatory remark, and all the history of not making payments to the creditors has been swept clean. My score is so good, in fact, that I score at about 75%-ile for my state! (I guess that doesn't say much for my state!)

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
                  It says I have a score of 686! Evidently the Chapter 7 only counts a single deragatory remark, and all the history of not making payments to the creditors has been swept clean. My score is so good, in fact, that I score at about 75%-ile for my state! (I guess that doesn't say much for my state!)
                  I'm at 686 too. But, I'm only in the 58%-ile for my state. But, with the BK being the only derogatory mark, I have fewer derogatory marks than 71% of Californians.

CreditKarma is apparently not including late pays as a derogatory mark: "Accounts in collections, bankruptcies, civil judgments, and liens are items on your credit report called derogatory marks."
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X