Attorney Closed CC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attorney Closed CC??

So, we are 2 months post discharge and we had 1 credit card that survived...until now. There is a small balance and none of it was dis-chargeable, as it was all new debt. We have been paying and using it for small purchases until the attorney cancelled it (without telling us, no less).

Apparently, our attorney contacted our cc company and told them to close the account??? I will be contacting my attorney (they are at lunch right now), but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

I thought we were on our way to rebuilding our credit, dangit.

How do you know the attorney closed it....that is very odd and peculiar.

I doubt the bank would even talk to your attorney on the issue?

I think some clarification needs to had, it is highly unlikely the debts were non-dischargeable. When it comes to credit cards, the creditor has to object to discharge, if the creditor didn't object, then the debt is discharged...also, you cannot pick and choose who goes into bankruptcy, if there was a balance owed, no mater how small, the creditors MUST be listed. If the creditors wasn't listed, the underwriting bank eventually finds out about the BK, so it is not unusual for the card to close, regardless.

Comment

Yes the lawyer had no authority to close your account for whatever reason. He became unemployed when your BK discharged and closed. If this were true, I could go to anyone's bank and tell them to close an account. Does not ride right.

Who was it that told you YOUR attorney closed anything? 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My guess is that the credit card company's records show that they closed the account after they received the required BK notice from Joe Shmoe Attorney. OP called the credit card company after learning the account was closed and was either given an inaccurate reason for the account being closed or misunderstood the reason given.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Only 2 months out of BK - I would think the CC's notice of your BK just made it to someone's desk. Not unusual at all and highly unlikely the attorney had it closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X