Account discharged in 7 shows as Paid and Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account discharged in 7 shows as Paid and Closed

Been a little over 1 month since discharge, looked at Equifax, and it shows an account that I know was included in the BK as "Paid and Closed". Is that a good thing, sounds OK to me as that was the biggest CC in the BK

Is the date stating it was paid and closed the date of your discharge?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

No Date, only last activity 2003, were paying on it without using for a few years, that's why the lack of activity

Comment

Probably just hasn't been updated

But there is nothing wrong with the Paid and Closed entry...that is better than the IIB entry.

So, nothing to fret about.

Comment

I would take a "Paid and Closed" account with $0 balance and no lates "any day" over an IIB account!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            I would take a "Paid and Closed" account with $0 balance and no lates "any day" over an IIB account!
            Haha...Count me in on that one!

BTW, I had about 20 derogatory IIB-accounts when I filed and one of these accounts actually turned from "derogatory" to "positive" after discharge - and not just by the definition of some third-party monitoring service. It was directly with the credit-bureau (I think it was TU who separate derogatory and positive). But again, it was only 1 out of 20 so it didn't make much of a difference..
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X