No announcement yet.

Info Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not save 20% up for a down payment and if you can another 10% for future maint and furnishings? Mortgage banks will be most impressed instead of the aimless CC activity.

Originally posted by Ann View Post
    Hi everyone!

Can I get some info here on this...My husband has a auto loan and 1 credit card with a 1200.00 credit line. He is hell bent on NEVER applying for a credit card again. I told him he needs more than 1 card and an auto loan if we eventually want to buy a home again. He says no. Since he will not apply can I put him on my 2 cards (always paid off every month) and that will reflect on his credit line or no?? Also, would asking for a credit increase help or does he need a mix of cards? The mortgage is not being reported so our on time payments does not help. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
      Why not save 20% up for a down payment and if you can another 10% for future maint and furnishings? Mortgage banks will be most impressed instead of the aimless CC activity.
      Jacko

i dont know if you've tried applying for a mortgage lately, however that "20% downpayment" has changed significantly in the past 2 years.

We just had a friend of ours' kid (who's getting married) try to get a mortgage to build his house (they own the land outright) and every lender told them they needed at miminum 50%-75% down, and it couldnt be rolled into the land. Talk about crazy - here these 2 kids are with over $100K cash in hand...and they're turned down flat on a $225K house.

used to be if you owned the land, all that was required was 5% down and you could roll the rest into the lands' equity; my how things have changed (and not for the better).

makes no sense whatsoever....

Comment

Can't they find another banker to loan? I'm sure Charles Schwab would loan.

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
        Jacko

i dont know if you've tried applying for a mortgage lately, however that "20% downpayment" has changed significantly in the past 2 years.

We just had a friend of ours' kid (who's getting married) try to get a mortgage to build his house (they own the land outright) and every lender told them they needed at miminum 50%-75% down, and it couldnt be rolled into the land. Talk about crazy - here these 2 kids are with over $100K cash in hand...and they're turned down flat on a $225K house.

used to be if you owned the land, all that was required was 5% down and you could roll the rest into the lands' equity; my how things have changed (and not for the better).

makes no sense whatsoever....

Comment

Go through a broker who can work through many lending sources, including wholesale sources that you may not be able to apply directly with. Going to one or two banks is just not a good strategy these days. Shop the loan! The 1% in points you'll pay the broker could be worth every penny of it!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X