top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I join Navy Federal CU through grandparents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to actually be working at a military (or other covered) facility if you're a contractor. They also have other exceptions for certain agencies supporting the military. You won't know exactly unless you try. However, merely holding clearances is not enough, but if you work for Lockheed or a company like that, they might let you in. Again, you won't know unless you try since these are all special (non-military) qualifications.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is not true. I do not work "at" a military base we simply hold contracts to service the Coast Guard and Army as well as all of our private business. If he works for an employer who contract with any DOD branch he would qualify.

Comment

That is why I also noted that there are exceptions. It is very clear in the "core" membership qualifications that you must be a contractor working "at" a military facility. However, as I listed, there are exceptions and they do make exceptions. You will not know unless you try. I have a friend who works in a facility and was still denied, even with his CAC.

Again, if you are questioning membership, just apply and see. They do make exceptions.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Special thanks to Amy26 for recommending NFCU! I was able to get in and they approved me for my first unsecured card! Feels like a major victory in my road to rebuilding.
          BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Yay! I'm so happy when I help people find their way to the wonderful world of CU's... on another site, I'm known as the "Romancer of the CU!" hehe.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X