Capital One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One

I applied for the secure card and got approved, but 2 days later I tried to apply for the unsecured plat card and got the 7-10 day message I have done a lot of reading on here(thank you btw) and it doesn't really mean approval or denial. So my question is, could it be that I just moved, and used new address on my app and I haven't had anything new reporting after my bk to my new address. So, could that be the reason? They need to verify more info? I fully understand that it could still be denied for my credit reason, but they pulled that last Wednesday night and I figure if my credit was not good enough they more than likely would have denied it right away. So has anyone had this happen to you? If so, how do they verify, or what happens next? I called them today and they said its still pending, and I thought she said something about needing more info. thanks again!
    chris.

EX 578
    EQ 544
    TU 515

99/100 the "7-10 day message" is a "no."

I had good luck with a reasonable interest rate (low LOC - $600) with Orchard Bank. No one else would touch me with a ten foot pole. Orchard has my loyalty now.

--13for60
    Filed Chapter 13 - 10/05/10
    341 Scheduled - 11/10/10

Comment

Originally posted by 13for60 View Post
      99/100 the "7-10 day message" is a "no."

--13for60
      Not necessarily.
      I had the 7-10 day msg., rec'd ltr. requesting proof of income, faxed it in, and approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
        Not necessarily.
        I had the 7-10 day msg., rec'd ltr. requesting proof of income, faxed it in, and approved.
        Maybe you are the 1 in 100!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks guys! I hope it gets approved...I didn't call today to check on it, just going to let it roll and see what happens. I just would hate to have a ding on the CR and take this long and not get approved.....What do you yall think about Merrick Secured>?

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
            Not necessarily.
            Same with me, so I guess thats 2 out of 100 lol
            Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
            341 Hearing 1/12/12
            Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

btw, how long did it take for the letter to get to yall after applying?

Comment

It wasn't too long, I think less than a week. I know I wasn't too anxious about it, because I was already in the frame of mind 'patiently waiting for my denial letter.' After I faxed in my info, a few days later I had an email that said my card was on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by deltadog03 View Post
                  I applied for the secure card and got approved, but 2 days later I tried to apply for the unsecured plat card and got the 7-10 day message I have done a lot of reading on here(thank you btw) and it doesn't really mean approval or denial. So my question is, could it be that I just moved, and used new address on my app and I haven't had anything new reporting after my bk to my new address. So, could that be the reason? They need to verify more info? I fully understand that it could still be denied for my credit reason, but they pulled that last Wednesday night and I figure if my credit was not good enough they more than likely would have denied it right away. So has anyone had this happen to you? If so, how do they verify, or what happens next? I called them today and they said its still pending, and I thought she said something about needing more info. thanks again!
                  chris.

EX 578
                  EQ 544
                  TU 515
                  your TU is way to low to get approved for an unsecured capital one card

Comment

Thanks everyone! Soccerguy, your prolly right, but why do the whole 7-10 day decision thing? They already pulled my credit, and if it wasn't good enough, why not just throw the instant denial?

Comment

Originally posted by deltadog03 View Post
                      Thanks everyone! Soccerguy, your prolly right, but why do the whole 7-10 day decision thing? They already pulled my credit, and if it wasn't good enough, why not just throw the instant denial?
                      Deltadog, you won't know until you get the letter, and yeah, they didn't deny you flat out, so there is hope. I'm sure your credit numbers are on the rise, so if it doesn't work out this time, try again in a couple of months.

Comment

Thanks again Pjmax

Comment

Update:

I called Cap 1 for an update to see if there was any decision on my unsecured plat card, and the lady on the phone told me that my app has been approved, but my account hasn't been setup yet. I wanted to make sure that she didn't mean the secured card (I knew that I was approved for that instantly) and said so my secured and unsecured cards/apps have been approved and she said yes. woohoo! So, not all 7-10 days decisions mean denial. She said I can call back in 4 days to see what the limit and all that stuff is on it. Doesn't matter as I am going to keep it under 9% utl. Anyone else have that stuff happen where there is an approval, but account isn't set up yet?

Comment

That is pretty cool! After my BK Cap1 treated me like I carried the plague... they were not even included in my BK! But they finally let me on... you know their rewards program is pretty good (always PIF, of course) ;)

How much were you approved for?
                            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                            Discharged: August 2010
                            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

That's weird that they treated you that way. They gave me a $300 limit with steps program.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X