top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since this is a post discharge area how about stock and mutual fund ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since this is a post discharge area how about stock and mutual fund ideas?

With the market pull back over the last few days I purchased shares of FTR in my IRA. Nice price drop and currently pays a 8%+ dividend.

Also looking to buy some more NWE if we get a bit more of a pullback in the market.

Logan

logan.......i'm scared to death!!!!

all i can say is occidental petroleum.......two words.....
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      logan.......i'm scared to death!!!!

all i can say is occidental petroleum.......two words.....
      I thought about investing in some oil companies but it goes against everything I believe. I have never understood why we stay so reliant on oil when the money just goes into the hands of dictators and terrorists. On top of that burning fuel also increases pollution.

We should be drilling for our own oil AND investing in alternative ways to energize our homes and cars. Last year I bought CFL light bulbs for my entire house and I'm seeing a nice decrease in power used this winter. It's a colder winter and I have a new born so the washer and dryer are always running so you would have thought my power consumption would have increased.

I hope the price of oil skyrockets because only then will Americans rise to the challenge and lead in alternative ways to energize the world!!!

Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        I thought about investing in some oil companies but it goes against everything I believe. I have never understood why we stay so reliant on oil when the money just goes into the hands of dictators and terrorists. On top of that burning fuel also increases pollution.

We should be drilling for our own oil AND investing in alternative ways to energize our homes and cars. Last year I bought CFL light bulbs for my entire house and I'm seeing a nice decrease in power used this winter. It's a colder winter and I have a new born so the washer and dryer are always running so you would have thought my power consumption would have increased.

I hope the price of oil skyrockets because only then will Americans rise to the challenge and lead in alternative ways to energize the world!!!

Logan

logan...look at the company....

we purchased approx. 2k for our daughter when she was about 16.......(she's 33 now).......OMG....she just called me that it split AGAIN for the 5th time......well.....in the past 15 years she has drawn out 10k at least 3 times........and she still has enough to put another down payment on another home...from that ONE stock...and when i brought it....it wasn't for the oil..it was a tiny company that was more diversified and then all of a sudden it gotten eaten up by OP....

so i'm listening to cnn sunday...and they are suggesting if you are going to buy anything buy OP....

and i agree...we need to get away from oil completely........however, this is businesss....hehehehe...you sound like my son when i wanted to invest with mc donalds.....and he screamed at me since he was a health food nut..(which was how i taught him to eat)...i explained to him......who cares how many burgers someone ELSE eats...as long as you don't eat them...bad..i am. because the "other" half believes one should only invest in what they believe in...however...the bottom line..business is business and one invests to MAKE money...not usually out of principle??? right???
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X