top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excuse me, but I think that I am in the wrong place here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub,

I will try to start a thread on budgeting, and hopefully the moderators will make it a sticky.
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Never_Again View Post
      As much as I have enjoyed some of the company here, researching for this time of my life, and trying to help others, I think that it is maybe I am in the wrong place...

It is not that I don't enjoy helping others, because I do. However, there is a saying that I have heard some others say, and I guess that I never really understood it until recently:

"I may have been broke before, but I have NEVER been poor!"

Broke is a condition. It is a lack of money. It means that you can't pay your bills, you have no money, or something like that.

Poor, on the other hand, is a state of mind. It says that everything is against you, that there is no way to improve your situation, there is no way for "the little guy" to get ahead, "the man" just keeps me down, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer,... you know what I am saying.
      There have been many times when I have debated coming back to this forum at all, simply because I feel like I am in a better place...a different place, than when I first got here, so I know what you're saying.

Sometimes my husband will see me on this forum, roll his eyes and go "Our bankruptcy is over. Why do you still go back to that place?" and a small part of me agrees with him.

BUT, I also remember what it's like to be POOR and scared and without information...that helpless feeling. So, I stick around, hoping I can help someone NOT feel that way.

For the most part, I agree with what you stated above. I come back maybe once a week, at the very most....because my mindset isn't "poor" anymore, it isn't "broke". I'm moving on with my life. My life is NOT my bankruptcy.

Good luck to all!
      Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
      341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
      Last day for objections: 7-14-08
      Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X