Will I be in trouble with trustee??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I be in trouble with trustee??

341 coming up 5/6/16. I'm a Ch 7 non-consumer bk since my debts are mainly business. My issue is this: My atty instructed me to protect some assets by funding IRA's, which is legal. My wife and I funded our 2015 and 2016 ira's through Vanguard ($11000 for each of us). Somehow Vanguard debited our checking acct for 3 transactions and taking an additional $11000 out. They weren't able to reimburse our acct until 2 days after filing. On our statement of financials I put $15,000 because that's what was suppose to be in the checking acct on the day of filing but the bank statement shows $1,000. The bank statement clearly shows what happened. Will the trustee let me explain the discrepancy? Just trying to get more opinions besides the attorneys.

Yes, you will have an opportunity to explain. No, you will not be in trouble. It would have been more accurate to report the funds as a cash receivable due from Fidelity, but it sounds like what you did has the same effect. You weren't trying to hide an asset. You will be fine.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X