Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Tomorrow in Central Dist. CA

It's finally tomorrow (2/16)!

I think I have everything ready for the meeting: Dress, business casual (no jewelry - not that I own any); notebook with copy of 3 years' tax returns, 6 months bank statements and credit card bills. Unemployment check stubs for the last couple of months. Copies of money orders I paid rent/COBRA/car payment with to explain what I did with the $1200 cash I had on hand the day I filed (although I exempted it - as it came from unemployment and that's exempt income). Misc. stuff I thought were interesting.

The Trustee only wanted me to send my latest tax return to her, so even though I am bringing all this information, I'm not going to volunteer to let her see it unless she asks for it.

The schedule looks as though it's me, another guy filing pro-se and one attorney with about 5 different clients. I hope I go first so I can get it over and get back home.

Anything I forgot, or that anyone suggests???? Thanks!
    11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Mine was alot more complicated than yours sounds and I brought all this stuff. My atty walked into the room and was upset I brought all my folders to the meeting; said I told you you won't need them. He was right, the meeting was brief, few questions were asked and I left. Go ahead and bring the stuff anyways as I did. It is like a security blanket but Im sure you will be fine.

Comment

The 341 is usually pretty quick anyway, so even if you have to wait for the others it shouldn't be very long of a wait. Congratulations on getting this far! I'm so proud of you!

Comment

Yes, I agree with Tigergem. Congratulations for making it to this step. Have your DL and SS card with you and you should be okay. You sound like you are well prepared.

Try to get a good night's sleep, and leave plenty early to avoid traffic and parking problems.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It sounds like you have everything covered. Good Luck!
          Met with attorney: Early 12/2009
          Filed Ch 13: 1/8/10
          : 2/26/10

Comment

Good luck, you will be fine...post back and let us know how it went..

Comment

I agree with the others, if you've provided everything the trustee asked for before the 341 you are unlikely to need anything other than SS card and ID.

The only other thing I brought was my county tax assessment that I had received two days before my 341. It basically confirmed the fair market valuation that I had a realtor do for me, so the trustee quickly lost interest in challenging my house valuation.
              Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

You'll be surprised how much better you feel this time tomorrow - good luck, we're all here for you when you get back.

Comment

Thanks guys and gals. You've made it bearable to get this far. I'll check in when I return tomorrow for the blow-by-blow report!
                  11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

All done! Everything went smoothly with no problems. Took about 2 minutes from soup to nuts.

I was pretty far down the morning's call list, so I got to see a few other cases. Some got continued because their Means Test information was incorrect. There were questions from the Trustee as to cars that were co-owned by the debtor and another person, not related to the case. Four cases were people who lived in the same house, worked at the same business, co-owned autos together - so confusing. One man got sent to the back of the line because at first, he claimed not to speak English, but during the translator phone call (they have a translation service via phone) he started answering questions before the translator translated them - the Trustee ended the phone call, and then the guy decided he didn't speak English after all...

The Trustee was pleasant and professional to everyone, although I got the distinct impression she wouldn't hesitate to go after someone whom she believed was pulling a scam.

She asked all of us pretty much the standard questions. Were these our social security numbers, had we used other social security numbers in the past, did we read our paperwork, did we read the green brochure - oh, and how much did we pay our paperwork preparers... In my case, she asked that question - then she said "oh, you did this all by yourself. You did a really good job!" And that was it. She didn't ask all the questions I fretted about. I never had to crack open my notebook of supporting documents - and she didn't mention anyone's 2009 tax refund, so I get to keep my $380!!

The meetings started at 8:00 a.m. I was home and had breakfast by 9:45 am.

Now, I have to take the financial management class, file the Affirmation Agreement - if Ford Credit ever sends it along like they promised - and see the judge re same.

It's a beautiful day, and I am that much closer to being a debt-free citizen who (if she can get a job anytime soon) will be able to retire at 65 instead of working until she's 80 in order to pay the good people at Discovercard.

Thank you, everyone on this board!

Comment

Aw you got to watch OPD? (Other People's Drama) I'm so jealous. We all had to wait in the hallway and didn't get to watch. Glad it went great for you!

Comment

Enjoy your day - and tonight you will rest better - welcome to the 60 day (now 44 days for me) club.

Comment

Great! Thank you for the full report. (-:

Comment

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your evening and welcome to the 60 Day Club!
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Report of no assets to distribute posted today on Pacer!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X