No announcement yet.

341 Tomorrow in Central Dist. CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTG! So now you just have a lot of sitting around and waiting to do, right?

Comment

I wish! I just finished taking the financial management class (JJ and Partners $12.50). It was actually interesting and worthwhile.

And, in one hour I have a job interview! OMG! How cool would that be to get a job 1 day out of a 341 meeting? Waaaa-hooo!
      11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Oh that would be so awesome! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HGolightly View Post
          I wish! I just finished taking the financial management class (JJ and Partners $12.50). It was actually interesting and worthwhile.

And, in one hour I have a job interview! OMG! How cool would that be to get a job 1 day out of a 341 meeting? Waaaa-hooo!
          Were you in Rm 100B, Central BK district? I was there on 17 Feb. The trustee assistant ask for my SS and Driver lic but when trustee called our name I handed the SS and lic again and he said he don't need them since I already show it to her assistant probably he got pissed. He ask my lawyer about by 2008 tax return and lawyer said he's got a copy but trustee responded 'do you know it's got to be in my office seven days prior to 341". My lawyer was just stunned and trustee rescheduled for 3/16... I was like what!!!!! Our paralegal told us tax return was already sent when we file for bk.

Trustee was nice but he was frustrated for the first 6 filers since most of them did not bring their SS card. The first guy was asked about his tax return of 5k and how did he spend the money and cannot explain it so he was reschedule and need to bring his bank statements. Some were not ask about their return. It's just random question for other filers.
          File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
          Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
          Discharged: Apr 22 2010
          Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

Lilboton Yes. I was there one day before you were. That is just awful about your lawyer! You would think a lawyer would know an important detail like sending in your tax returns 7 days before the 341! But many errors in the cases before mine were lawyer errors. Glad I didn't spend any money on a lawyer.

Just for anyone who is unemployed and looking for a job and wondering about bankruptcy effecting your job search (I was really worried about that) - I GOT A JOB TWO DAYS AFTER MY 341 MEETING!!! And they ran a background/credit check on me, so I know it came up. Apparently, it's not always an issue. I've been unemployed for nearly 10 months and filed bk because I spent all my savings and all my retirement paying my creditors faithfully each month until I literally went broke. I am over the moon that now I have no debts - and a new job - and all the money I make is mine, and I can plan my future without having to factor in Capital freakin' One and Sears and Discover Card! Woo-Hoo!!!
            11/09 - Ran out of money - 1/4/10 - Filed Chapter 7 (Pro-Se) - 2/16/10 - 341 Meeting -6/17/10 - Reaffirmation hearing (auto) - DISCHARGED 7/6/10m CLOSED 7/26/10

Comment

Oh! You got a job? Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by HGolightly View Post
                Lilboton Yes. I was there one day before you were. That is just awful about your lawyer! You would think a lawyer would know an important detail like sending in your tax returns 7 days before the 341! But many errors in the cases before mine were lawyer errors. Glad I didn't spend any money on a lawyer.

Just for anyone who is unemployed and looking for a job and wondering about bankruptcy effecting your job search (I was really worried about that) - I GOT A JOB TWO DAYS AFTER MY 341 MEETING!!! And they ran a background/credit check on me, so I know it came up. Apparently, it's not always an issue. I've been unemployed for nearly 10 months and filed bk because I spent all my savings and all my retirement paying my creditors faithfully each month until I literally went broke. I am over the moon that now I have no debts - and a new job - and all the money I make is mine, and I can plan my future without having to factor in Capital freakin' One and Sears and Discover Card! Woo-Hoo!!!
                Actually the lawyer sent all the required paper work so it's probably him or the UST dropped the ball. Who is your TT? You can PM it to me if you don't mind. Congrats on your job.
                File BK7: Jan 4, 2010
                Reschedule 341: Mar 16 2010
                Discharged: Apr 22 2010
                Closed: May 6, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X