341 Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done!

My 341 was scheduled for 10am today. I arrived about 15 minutes early and they weren't even close to being done with the 9am crowd so I got to listen to a bunch of cases. Interesting. Half the time, the lawyers weren't there, had stacks of folders 20 cases high and couldn't recognize their clients in the room and a few didn't even show up so the cases were continued for a month.

There was one guy with a lawyer (I was the ONLY pro se filer out of maybe 100 people) who had estimated both of his 2006 low mileage cars to be worth $1500 each. When the trustee asked how he came to that amount, the lawyer said absolutely nothing and the guy said he had just guessed. The trustee asked if maybe they had decided the cars were worth that much so that they would fit under the exemptions. In any case, the trustee wanted the debtor's phone number (which he said he didn't know) so that he could schedule someone to appraise those cars.

So, finally, at 10:45, I was called up (there seemed to be no rhyme or reason for who was called when). I was sworn in, asked to verify my name, asked if I owned a home (which he knew from the schedules). He asked me how I valued it and I was able to tell him that the exact same model and age of home sold for that amount last year. He asked if I included everything on my schedules. Did I have any judgments or claims owed to me? Were there any creditors present who had objections? Then he thanked me and said he had no further questions.

As I was turning around, he said, "Uh, Miss (my name) - if all of the lawyers in the courtroom filled out their schedules as well as you did, I would be a happy man."

I thanked him and left with a smile on my face!

Note - it was very strange but no one even verified my id, social security card, asked for more documentation or anything. All that worrying and a little bit of lost sleep for nothing!
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
    341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
    Last day for objections: 4/26/10
    Discharged! - 5/3/10

It's a good feeling when it's over, isn't it? I had my 341 on the 16th, and the trustee used me and the other pro se filer as examples to the attorneys who were unprepared and/or had missing paperwork

Now it's just waiting to see the trustee's report of no distribution on PACER. I learned from whining here that they have 10 days to file that. Mine was filed in 5 days (showed up on a Sunday in PACER).

Congrats again on having that dreaded meeting behind you!
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
    Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Good job hedgecat!

Comment

I love it when the pro se filers outshine the attorneys.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations! Good for you. (-:

Comment

Perhaps we should all file pro se so we can guarantee happy Trustees?!!

Congrats on a smooth 341! Happy 60 days!
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

When does report of no distribution come? I had my 341 almost 3 weeks ago ,am a no asset case and nothing has been filed on Pacer yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota112 View Post
                When does report of no distribution come? I had my 341 almost 3 weeks ago ,am a no asset case and nothing has been filed on Pacer yet.
                I received my Report of No Distribution two weeks before discharge.
                *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

hedgecat: I am also in alabama,and like you ,was not asked for an ID nor a social security card...I think ,but not sure,that the court clerk when I filed,scanned my ID...
                  filed chap 7 pro se 09/15/09
                  341 meeting 10/19/09 continued
                  2nd 341 meeting 11/09/09 concluded
                  discharged : 12/21/09 closed :01/08/10

Comment

I just wanted to update that I got my notice of discharge today. Wow. Save a lot of money. Learned a lot in the process and am ready to begin my new life!
                    Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/27/10
                    341 scheduled for: 2/25/10
                    Last day for objections: 4/26/10
                    Discharged! - 5/3/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X