341 tomorrow yikes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow yikes!!!

As much as I have read through other people's uneventful 341 experiences, I'm still nervous. They all say not to worry, it's painless, it won't last long; it does help, but I'm still anxious. I mean how many times are you asked questions under oath in a room filled with other people? This is a first for me.

I'm glad my attorney is no longer MIA and I do feel better after speaking with her yesterday. She said she would be shocked if I was an asset case, but she is not familiar with this trustee as he is new to our district. She has heard he is a stickler, oh great! Anyway, I hope that by tomorrow afternoon I will be able to report my uneventful and successful 341. Wish me luck.

Now on to reading so more of those successful 341 stories . . .
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

you'll do fine! just be honest and you will have absolutely nothing to worry about.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

You have nothing to hide, therefore you'll be fine. Let us all know how easy it was!!!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

good luck! you'll be fine. =) if you get there early, it will lessen your nervousness coz you'll hear what kind of questions the trustee might ask you. the only people that got into trouble during my 341 were other debtor's lawyers.

one lawyer put in the correct case number on the wrong person's name. so all the information are based on a different person, so the case was continued.
        the other lawyer forgot to sign the paper work.
        another lawyer, didn't bring any paperwork so the case was continued.

at least four lawyers were unprepared and only one was very organized. the debtors under the well-prepared lawyer, their 341 went quick and painless.

unfortunately for others, they have to go through it again.

hope yours goes well.
        Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
        341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
        Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

Nomoneyhoney, my attorney said that I only need to bring a few things, but I am bringing everything! So that way if my attorney is not prepared, I will be!

Comment

always a good idea...but then i thought after i dragging all this stuff with me....that we filed eletronically....so what's to bring?

i wasn't asked for any documents...however, that doesn't mean you will not. i hear many people are asked for current bank statements, pay stubs etc.

our bank statements were consistent through out....rent the same...utilities the same...we paid cash for everything during that time other than househould needs.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

kartoons

This is what I'll say: it's gonna be fine and quick even though I was a nervous wreck the day before even though my case is pretty straightforward. I hope yours too. You'll be in and out in no time.

Wishing you the best of good luck and come back tomorrow and let us know.

BTW, don't be late They don't like that.
              Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

yes, do NOT be late...there were so many people there when we got to our 341 and WE WERE called FIRST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
                  kartoons

This is what I'll say: it's gonna be fine and quick even though I was a nervous wreck the day before even though my case is pretty straightforward. I hope yours too. You'll be in and out in no time.

Wishing you the best of good luck and come back tomorrow and let us know.

BTW, don't be late They don't like that.
                  I forgot to mention, one debtor was dissmised at my 341 yesterday. I'm not sure if he showed up late or didn't show at all. But the trustee called out the name three times, after 5-10 seconds no one responded. He immediately recorded the dismissal of the case. I was wondering, what if that person walked in a second later? Would he retract his dismissal? I guess, we'll never know. But it gives you an idea of how strict they are. My trustee clearly doesn't tolerate tardiness.
                  Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se: July 28, 2010
                  341 Meeting: Aug. 24, 2010/ Report of No Distribution: Aug. 25, 2010
                  Officially Discharged: Oct. 26, 2010

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. I plan on arriving very early because I want to see other cases. Nomoneyhoney, that would be interesting to know if the dismissal would have been retracted, if that person walked in the room a second later. I already know the trustee is a stickler. He won't accept a SS card if has been laminated, so I have to bring a 1099 instead. Thanks for your good wishes, it will be fine. I'll just be happy once it is done!

I just checked the docket and I'm the first in the group. I guess that means I will be the first one done!
                    Last edited by kartoons19; 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

*That's* the way to look at it kartoons19! Go kartoons! And don't forget whatever your attorney asked you to bring, unless it was a 5th of whiskey anyway. Well, okay, bring that too but try to refrain from swilling it during the hearing.

Woo-hoo. It's after midnight now. Today you join the 60-day club! Go-go-go!

11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
                      02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
                      08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
                      09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

Comment

Originally posted by empowered View Post
                        *That's* the way to look at it kartoons19! Go kartoons! And don't forget whatever your attorney asked you to bring, unless it was a 5th of whiskey anyway. Well, okay, bring that too but try to refrain from swilling it during the hearing.

Woo-hoo. It's after midnight now. Today you join the 60-day club! Go-go-go!

LOL That would be hilarious
                        Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Good luck today Toons!!
                          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Thanks everyone. I"m so glad I found this forum, you all are great! I'm on my way in a few hours and I may need a swig of whiskey before I go! ;^) I'm a bit nervous, but more excited that it will be done soon and then I'll be part of the 60-day club. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Comment

yoga.....kartoon...NOT whiskey...yoga they can't smell...LOL!! you will do perfect!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X