341 went well - just as everyone said it would

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 went well - just as everyone said it would

Thanks to everyone for answering the questions I had about my bank accounts and all the excellent feedback after everyone had their meetings.

Mine was pretty cut & dried; in and out in three minutes. What did surprise me was the trusteee asking everyone about monies from 6 years on. Asked everyone if they'd loaned money to family or received money from family for the prior 6 years and if they'd sold anything of value in the last six years. That did surprise me. I hadn't but I'd never seen that on the Forum and my attorney never mentioned it either.

I felt so sorry for one woman - she had just lost a work comp case (it had been incliuded in the paperwork as being in process in case she received a settlement) and then, she sold her house on a short sale and took a killing on that from the sounds of it. I just felt so sorry for her - she had obviously had enough bad things happening.

Another case, the guy was an insurance salesman and the lawyer evidently did not tell him to bring the paperwork for his last month and current sales. That surprised me that they were not prepared.

Of course, they probably did not have this excellent forum to advise them throughout their bk. I just felt so knowledgeable and was able to answer honestly and openly.

Thank you everyone! My attorney also said that since mine is really so simple, not being employed for so long - it's obvious I have no money. And if I get the Financial Managment course completed quickly, it may not even take the 60 days - so believe me, that will happen next week early!!!

YAY! You made it! And on April Fools Day, too! Congrats.

I did the financial management course right away and thought it was horrible. They make you spend x-many minutes on each module. It's easy to breeze through the info and take the little quizzes at the end with many minutes left on the counter. I just wandered away from the computer and did things around the house during each module. I had a really clean house by the time all was said and done. Anyway, just get 'er done and you'll probably end up with some unexpected bonus (like a clean house!). Congrats on a successful 341.
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

Way to go, discouraged!! Isn't it funny, no matter how many accounts of positive 341s you read about, you just can't shake those nerves till you've made it through your own unscathed ;)

Welcome to the 60 day club

I'd say "60 days or less", but I really think that there is no discharge prior to 60 days, because creditors have 60 days to object to the discharge of debt. You probably won't have any objections, but I think by law they get those 60 days anyway. It's only time though, and those 60 days pass pretty quickly!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks to both of you. Yeah, I was very nervous - even perspired, which I never, never do unless it is a 100 degrees or so.

I'm looking at the financial management courses for MN and looks like it'll be 40 at the least. The one my lawyer recommended was 50. Boy, they get you coming or going, don't they?

Gosh Peeps, now I can't wait, LOL. Could use a clean house!

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, my ...i so sorry my friend..i have been going so crazy here, i didn't even see this yesterday!!!!
          i'm so happy you are officially in the 60 lounge club!!!

this will all be over for you shortly!!

CONGRATS!!!!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks, tobee - just a short 60 days, which I'm sure will pass quickly. Ummm - at least I HOPE it will pass quickly! I'm sure I'll have jitters until I see that discharge status, but I will keep on getting the help I need through that on the forum.

Comment

My best wishes to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                Thanks, tobee - just a short 60 days, which I'm sure will pass quickly. Ummm - at least I HOPE it will pass quickly! I'm sure I'll have jitters until I see that discharge status, but I will keep on getting the help I need through that on the forum.
                it's just been a LONG time coming..LOL!!! and i'm just so happy that you are soooooooo FINALLY close to the end of it all!!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Great!
                  I didn't even do my "debtor education" course until a week after. Needed to decompress. It's a cinch. Just another hoop to jump through.
                  At least the weather will be getting nice. Going outside costs nothing and it will take your mind off things while you wait.

Comment

I'm going to get it done right away, tomorrow or Monday. Then I have to really concentrate on finding a job. Now I feel much safer in applying for part time work until I can find full time, or maybe even keep the part time if I find one. I'm not sure. It just feels like there are so many more opportunities now that I can stop worrying about the house and bills outside of regular utility bills.

And I have learned how to live so much cheaper. Sometimes I'm amazed when I think of the things I thought I 'HAD" to have. That's nonsense. I feel so much better about life, living it frugally. Now I just have to save as much of my unemployment as I can and find a job before it ends. I can even settle for much less pay because I will not have those huge bills.

Of course, this is dependent on whether I am discharged I guess. That's usually not a problem if you've been honest and aboveboard is it? Just don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched!

Comment

Hooray!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

congrats on making it thru your 341 discouraged Now onto discharge!

Comment

Congrats!!!!
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Ahh discouraged, that is sooo great. I'm kinda late with this
                            AND ..........
                            be discouraged no more!!!!
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I am not going to post the link, because I don't know if it is against forum rules. But the course I took in Indiana was $11. That was for the second one; the first one was $5.
                              Filed 3/16/11 via attorney who was worth every penny
                              341 04/21/11
                              DISCHARGED! 06/21/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X