7 days until 341 - just a bit nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 days until 341 - just a bit nervous

341 is Monday 5/23 at 9 a.m. I have heard nothing from the trustee, no requests for docs and etc. Hope this is a good thing but I will have copies of all the paperwork, statements and etc. with me.

A bit nervouse as my atty. put some of my expenses higher than I thought he should, hope I don't have to prove them. $800 a month under median income so I think that's good and maybe won't get to much attention.

Will report when it's over for sure.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

ahhh sunshine you are gonna do great!!!
    keep that sun a shinning
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I walked in to mine with a file 4 inches thick and my attorney had a lot of paperwork as well. Nothing was asked for, and I don't recall anyone else who went before me having to furnish any documents. It never hurts to be prepared, but don't get too worked up about it. More often than not these things are about 10 minutes of verifying your name, that you understand what you're doing and that you swear that the information provided is accurate. A dozen or so people went before me and not once did I hear anything other than boiler plate stuff. The only thing I did notice was a woman who was hard of hearing who had a go-between to explain the questions to her.

Comment

I was nervous about mine I ended up arriving about 15 minutes earlier and I had a chance to see the people who went before me meetings and they lasted about 5 minutes no pressure or anything...YOU WILL DO FINE!

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
          341 is Monday 5/23 at 9 a.m. I have heard nothing from the trustee, no requests for docs and etc. Hope this is a good thing but I will have copies of all the paperwork, statements and etc. with me.

A bit nervouse as my atty. put some of my expenses higher than I thought he should, hope I don't have to prove them. $800 a month under median income so I think that's good and maybe won't get to much attention.

Will report when it's over for sure.
          If you are that far under median, you are cutting a lot of corners and probably doing without things that are allowed in a reasonable budget. That's why the expenses listed on your Schedule J may seem high to you. Your attorney knows how high expenses can be without question. That's one of things you pay him for.

Everything will go fine. A week from now you'll be wondering why you worried so much!
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            If you are that far under median, you are cutting a lot of corners and probably doing without things that are allowed in a reasonable budget. That's why the expenses listed on your Schedule J may seem high to you. Your attorney knows how high expenses can be without question. That's one of things you pay him for.

Everything will go fine. A week from now you'll be wondering why you worried so much!
            That's exactly what happened to me! Even after reading tons of threads here stating that the vast majority of these meetings are no big deal, I was still nervous. So as much as I can tell people not to worry too much, it's only natural. But the good part is that when it's all said and done, you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief the likes of which you have never breathed before!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X