Adversary Threat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HHM View Post
    I wouldn't recommend transferring to the HSA, the law isn't settled on that yet. But transferring to a Roth IRA is fine, so long as you do not exceed th $5,000 per year cap.

Also, how much money are we talking about?
    HHM and justbroke

We are not sure probably the max allowed, which in our case is 11k (6k for me and 5k for my wife). The remainder 5k or so we plan to pay our car insurance in full, estimated federal taxes(self employed), much needed dental and medical expenses, life insurance for the year...nothing extravagant just plain basic needs of life.

Thanks

Comment

capamando, what you just wrote, might just work! I'm also glad to see that you have done your homework and know that at 58 you can contribute $6K to a Roth IRA because of the age and allowed accelerated payments.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        capamando, what you just wrote, might just work! I'm also glad to see that you have done your homework and know that at 58 you can contribute $6K to a Roth IRA because of the age and allowed accelerated payments.
        justbroke,

Many thanks to you and others who have given me advice and support. At this point in the process I feel comfortable going pro se but will put my trust in our lawyer. You never know what may come up where her expertise could save me from a lot of hassles. I will share more as I move through the process.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by capamando View Post
          justbroke,

Many thanks to you and others who have given me advice and support. At this point in the process I feel comfortable going pro se but will put my trust in our lawyer. You never know what may come up where her expertise could save me from a lot of hassles. I will share more as I move through the process.

Thanks
          If you are going to do what you are contemplating, it is best to have a lawyer. Reason being, if you do those kinds of transfers, and file BK pro se, there is a good chance the trustee will try to bully you into turning over the assets since the trustee will assume that you won't be able to manage a sufficient defense on your own.

Comment

Bullying is the right perspective. A few kids are so big or naturally intimidating that no one will bully them. Most of us need friends to have our back. In this context that's what a lawyer is.

I used to think that life really was Junior High... but maybe it's really 4th grade!
            12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
            8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
            9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

Well, it is officially over. Was discharged today after 84 days. Not proud of how I ended up this way, but I can assure you it won't happen again and I am looking forward to a fresh start. Glad I did not reaffirm my house, as we intended to keep it, but things are not great in my marriage right now and I am not sure how that will end. Glad we won't be on the hook for the house and try to sell it and take a bath on it as we are about even with the loan and worth of it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X