How long until discharge order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until discharge order?

Final Chapter 13 payment in November of 2014.
    Trustee's final report, and court's subsequent discharge of the trustee in early April.

38 days have gone by, and still not discharge order.

I've been monitoring the RSS feed of the court every day hoping to spot my case, and as of yet, NOTHING.

I've also looked at other discharge orders in the RSS feed, and some (I'd say most) get a discharge inside of 30 days. the rare ones are getting discharged in only a few days.

How long should I expect to wait before this is over?

That's not really a question any one here can answer. Have you called your attorney to find out what the delay is?

The common thing that would delay your discharge is the failure to file a certificate of completion of financial management course and a declaration regarding domestic support and Section 522(q). Also, depending on local procedures, your attorney or your trustee may have to file a proposed discharge order.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

attorney says everything has been filed, and "any day" is what he says for discharge. Apparently nothing out of the order here, just waiting. Not sure why some are quick, and others only a few days. I know the LA court is busy, but how does 1 person get the discharge in 4 days, while someone else is nearly 40 days without a discharge..

Comment

I'm not in LA, but It seems like some courts are not in any big rush. i waited from January to April for the trustee to do the final audit and send the notification of discharge out on April 16. The last day to object was 5/16. Still waiting for the final discharge. I check pacer ever day. I know it is going to come soon, just not sure when.
        Discharged 5/2015

Comment

My last payment was 2/26 and no final audit yet.....it's crazy to see the differences in different trustees/court speeds. It must depend on caseload.

Comment

Originally posted by jange View Post
            I'm not in LA, but It seems like some courts are not in any big rush. i waited from January to April for the trustee to do the final audit and send the notification of discharge out on April 16. The last day to object was 5/16. Still waiting for the final discharge. I check pacer ever day. I know it is going to come soon, just not sure when.
            you're about a month behind us dude.. we did all that, and the trustee's final statement, etc.. along with the discharge of the trustee was back on April 13th. E-mailed the trustee too asking if there was something we're missing.. No.. Just waiting for the judge.. trustee also said its a crap shoot.. some cases, the judge closes a week from the final statement, and others it takes months.

Comment

IIRC I made my last payment 12/13, discharge 2/14 and final decree 5/14. About 6 months after final payment.
              Filed 11/10/08

Discharged 2/18/14

Comment

These are very disheartening stories! :-(. Sorry!!!!
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
                  These are very disheartening stories! :-(. Sorry!!!!

I agree, but lets hope the rest of us are lucky.
                  11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X