Bitter sweet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitter sweet!

One year down, four to go! We are in 100% plan and talked to our attorney about paying late this month. Hubby had surgery for a work injury an we just aren't sure when a workmans comp check will come. She said it was fine and to make is ASAP. For reasons I do not know, our attorney is no longer with the firm. I have a couple more questions but our new attorney is not responsive. Can we switch firms?

Yes you can switch attorneys. The attorney that handled my case left the practice and since i had a working relationship and she had some personal knowledge of the case i felt like i would be in better (more responsive) hands.

Comment

You can switch firms, it may cost you more in attorney fees. Find out where the attorney who left the firm went and ask that attorney about moving to his/her new firm, assuming the attorney is still practicing bankruptcy law. When attorneys leave firms, there are agreements in place about the attorney's existing clients. Depending on the terms of the agreement, if a client asks to go to the new firm with the attorney, the unused fees may be transferable to the new firm. You might also check your fee agreement to see if there is anything that covers the situation. There probably isn't, but it can't hurt to check.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X