This stinks! Case got dismissed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This stinks! Case got dismissed!

So close but we missed the mark!!!! Our case got dismissed!!! I *thought* we sent in enough money to make up what we were behind on but apparently not. I have a call into our attorney to find out what if anything our next step can be.

The absolute worst part is we were less than a year to go!!! We would have been done in either May or July (not sure when the clock starts ticking). We tried so hard though several job losses and we went to the ER in Jan. for my husband to find out his heart isn't pumping correctly, so he is having a device put in Sept. to give him a shock if needed since he is at a higher risk of a fatal hear attack.

I'm just SO frustrated right now!!!

Becky

Well, I hope that my post finds you a little more relaxed. I can "hear" the stress in your post. Life interrupts Chapter 13s consistently and very few people make it to a discharge. I know you see the finish line and hope to just leap across it so you can continue with life.

As far as the dismissal, your attorney should be able to get it reinstated by determining the grounds for the dismissal and asking for time to bring the plan current. Unless you are protecting property or have IRS debt, then you should have been able to reduce your payments to the Trustee, so I'll assume you're trying to save a home or other property.

Wishing you a successful reinstatement.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

From what I could tell, he did what he could do & they completely dismissed it (we have had late payments before -- hard to make the payments on unemployment but we caught up each time). I need to call if we want to do a Chapter 7 now or a new Chapter 13 (which confuses the heck out of me -- how can you do a new chapter 13 before you even finished a chapter 13. I thought there would be a timeframe in there but that is why he is an attorney & I'm not -- I will find out if we have any options.)....so as my ever calm husband says "just wait until you talk to the lawyer man".

It's just so frustrating....it has been a hard 4 years but we were getting there -- basically -- yes, we wanted to save our house -- at this point everything was unsecured we were paying in the bankruptcy.

I'm just flat out frustrated but nothing I can do at the moment.....it definitely feels like the never ending saga.....always one fire after another I get to put out. We had a death in the family over the weekend too so this just pushed me slightly over the edge. I don't post a whole lot here but I do read.

I mean I guess at the end of the day if the worst case scenario were to happen...we lose the house -- life will go on and we so far, we are still breathing.

Comment

This is certainly frustrating. I wonder why your attorney didn't try a "hardship" discharge, but, again, it may be due to certain debts that you have which need to be discharged. A Chapter 7 would be best. I converted from a Chapter 13 after two years (into a Chapter 7). It was pretty cool, but didn't eliminate my federal income tax debt.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X