Flood Insurance Claim during Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood Insurance Claim during Chapter 13

I am currently in Chapter 13 in Louisiana (abotu half way through 5 year term). My house was flooded during the 1000 year flood here in August. We are better off than most, we had flood insurance and even contents insurance. We are underinsured on contents by about $15,000, but oh well we will get by with less. The important thing is we get our house fixed and stop living in a 27 ft camper in our driveway (2 adults and 3 kids).

My question is are there any rules that I should be aware of that effect insurance clams, settlements, etc since I am in Chapter 13? Tried to call my attorney but cant get a return call.

Thanks

I haven't had the need to deal with insurance claims while in a Chapter 13. You'll really need an answer specifically from your attorney. Insurance checks are usually written in both the owner's name and the lender/creditor's name.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X