top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my Chp 13 pymt be redused since paying a collection now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my Chp 13 pymt be redused since paying a collection now...

Hi gang. I filed on 8/18/2016, was approved on 11/7/2016. My question is when I filed on 8/18/2016 I had feet surgery on 8/30/2016 and now since this bill is not covered it went to collections and I just sat up a payment plan with them of $62.00 a month for 6 months. My Chp 13 payment plan is $350.00. I am single with no kids. My question is, and I did ask my attorney this but as always I get the "who cares just pay me attitude", and never got an answer even though he did tell me to set up a payment plan with them, Will my monthly payment be reduse to cover this extra $62.00 monthly payment which is the lowest they would go? If so how, and who will do that for me? Thank you.

Hi there. Unfortunately, that will not effect your plan payment. Did you ask your attorney if you could add it to your claim? I don't know if they could do it or not, but the question couldn't hurt, since the expense was incurred at the time of filing.
    Your claim is not going to be effected by an expense that you've taken on, that was not included in your plan.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
      Hi there. Unfortunately, that will not effect your plan payment. Did you ask your attorney if you could add it to your claim? I don't know if they could do it or not, but the question couldn't hurt, since the expense was incurred at the time of filing.
      Your claim is not going to be effected by an expense that you've taken on, that was not included in your plan.
      Thank you sophieanne.

Comment

This link may help explain the process for adding the debt to your plan.
        Your options if you need to incur debt during your Chapter 13 bankruptcy repayment period.

Comment

Originally posted by leonel9 View Post
          This link may help explain the process for adding the debt to your plan.
          Thank you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X