341 meeting horror stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting horror stories

I keep hearing about these horror stories and problems and I'm an absolute WRECK

I'm so afraid of making, doing, saying a mistake that i'm going to be carted off to jail or dismissed...........mine is on 1/22/07

my lawyer keeps telling me that this is NOTHING! that i should not even be concerned about this at all and that everything with my bankruptcy is going smoothly..............that i should not be this upset or worried or even lose sleep over this and he keeps stressing i need to relax and that i'm overly concerned here. he just keeps stressing this to me .....

Originally posted by quietsound View Post
    my lawyer keeps telling me that this is NOTHING! that i should not even be concerned about this at all and that everything with my bankruptcy is going smoothly..............that i should not be this upset or worried or even lose sleep over this and he keeps stressing i need to relax and that i'm overly concerned here. he just keeps stressing this to me .....
    Your lawyer is right, but I remember well how nervous I was before ours too. Take a deep breath, then go read all of the posts from members here who have had smooth sailing at their 341s - it's by far the majority!

Here's a list of questions that could be asked during a 341 meeting - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/private_...QsCh13AppC.htm . All you have to do is answer whatever questions the trustee's asks you honestly. Really, that's all there is to it. Do your best to relax - it will be over before you know it!
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I was all nervous before mine but it went smooth.

Comment

My 341 was less than a week ago and it went quickly and smoothly for me and for the other people who were there.
        Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
        TU: 535

Comment

Originally posted by quietsound View Post
          I keep hearing about these horror stories and problems and I'm an absolute WRECK

I'm so afraid of making, doing, saying a mistake that i'm going to be carted off to jail or dismissed...........mine is on 1/22/07

While it is much easier said than done, try to remain calm. I remember I thought I was going to pass out at the meeting just waiting for my name to be called. Your lawyer indicated that everything is going fine, so take your attorney's word for it and remain calm.
          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I can remember being so nauseated... and the fact that we were told to arrive at 9, but they didn't get to us until 11:45 didn't help. When we first got there, it was so crowded that we couldn't get in the courtroom, we were lined up in the hallway with a lot of other people. Finally we worked our way into the room. Not one of our creditors showed up. I saw a few banks show up for other people, a representative from CarMart, and the man who owns the carlot in our small town showed up for someone just a few cases ahead of us. The trustee asked a few standard questions, and we were outta there.

Try not to worry a whole lot, I bet yours goes really smoothly, as most of ours did.
            Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
            Plan approved- 7/11/05
            Date discharged--10-12-2007
            Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

I'm nervous too quietsound, I got mine the 16th. I'm packing my soap-on-a-rope just in case they lock me up.
              12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
              01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
              03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
              sigpic

Comment

We all understand how u feel, we were all wrecks before our 341, or at least I know I was. I didn't even really get to speck during ours He directed most of his concerns straight to my husband When he asked my husband about how many guns he had, my husband answered "oh yeah I have a couple" Then the trustee said " well here it says you have have 5 rifles and 5 shotguns". I could have died I looked at my husband like what are you talking bout and why did u say that! He was just nervous and then finally explained that most of them was at his fathers house and that is what he meanth by a couple. I worried about that after the trustee looked at our lawyer and said he will be getting with him on the value of the guns Nothing came of it though and I'll sure the trustee understood my husband and I were just nervous.
                Other than that little incident our 341 went fairly well. Just try not to be so nervous, take your time with your answers before anwering them.
                AKA: InLimbo

9/28/06: Filed: Chapter 7
                1/12/07: Discharged & CLOSED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X