Finally Discharged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Discharged!

After living on Pacer for the past 2 1/2 months we were finally discharged last Friday!! YAY!! Thought my fellow ch 13 filers would like to hear that another filer has finished successfully. We paid off early in March after 36 months using our tax refund (we were allowed to keep ours every year). After totalling our van a year and a 1/2 into our plan and having to buy a piece of crap car with little cash, it's nice to know we are free to apply for a car loan without the trustee's permission! Actually getting approved is another story!!

Thanks for all your answers to my obsessive questions!!
    Now on to credit rebuilding!!

Congrats, Jennrw74!!!

Just have a little patience on the road to rebuilding and good things will come your way!!
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS ! ! !

CatchMeIfYouCan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Fantastic news, jenrw74! Congratulations and a big high-five for completing your Ch 13! Time for the happy dance - closing won't be long now!!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Hey congratulations Jenrw74! You made it! And welcome to the 13 club!! It's a great feeling to be part of that mere 30% that actually make it thru this process. Good luck in the future!! I hope getting a new vehicle will be as easy for you as it was for us... I was surprised at just how easy was...
          ez2bgramz
          Petition filed 07/03/2003
          Confirmed 10/20/2003
          Closed 01/26/2007
          Discharged 03/08/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ez2bgramz View Post
            Good luck in the future!! I hope getting a new vehicle will be as easy for you as it was for us... I was surprised at just how easy was...
            ez2bgramz
            It looks like it is going to be as easy as it was for you. One week post-d/c we applied with Roadloans and were approved for $30K at 9.99% !! Guess I'm getting a new car for my birthday next week, one that actually fits all of my family in it and isn't falling apart!!

Comment

Congratulations on completing your Chapter 13!! We can definitely relate to how tough it has been. We paid $2700 per month for 36 months. It was horrible...but we survived and we are stronger for going through it. It has to be one of the toughest things to put a marriage through. Great job!

Comment

Congratulations! It really gives me a positive feeling everytime someone on the forum lets us know that they made it through a Chapter 13.
                sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X