top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With gas & food prices rising, does the trustee take that into consideration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving closer is not always affordable or practical. Housing tends to be much more expensive closer in to cities. You end up in more dangerous run down neighborhoods or a much smaller house or apartment. If you have young children, you also have to consider the school district your kids will go to. Some people are willing to make that trade off for a shorter commute and some people are not.

As far as buses or trains, those don't service every remote community and some people work odd hours that don't mesh with the bus or train schedule. Others have to drive their vehicle for work such as field technicians that visit many customers during the day.

Comment

shoot...i don't even think they have buses here??? i know where we use to live it was 20 miles to the bus stop!!! so that didn't do anyone much good either. one of the draw backs of living in the sticks....i guess. actually, i don't even think i have seen a "taxi" here where we moved.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

RunningMan pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to my particular situation...

I used to live 17 miles from my workplace. Still took me an hour and a half to get to work back in the days...

Used to pay for car insurance there what I pay in property taxes here.

Couldn't possibly find the money to put my children in the private school of my choice, and was not willing to send them to a public school there. I'm perfectly fine with them attending public school here...

One thing that I haven't predicted, though...my employer selling off most of the stuff (almost their entire business) they owned in my "new" state...oh well...

Sure I've gone to an interview with the "new" company. They were more than willing to hire me on the spot.

The problem was that I was not willing to be hired under their terms. We were not even close enough for meaningful haggling.

So I'm still commuting...until further notice.

But I'd never go back to the city. Even if I won the lottery.

There are many gorgeous places worldwide that I'd rather be raising my kids at if I had the money than there...
        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X