X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to my 341...

in about 30 minutes... Wish me luck!

JUST GOT BACK:

The trip there was a little worrisome, because I got stuck behind a train for 10 minutes. It was held in downtown Houston. I parked in the underground parking lot across from the courthouse but somehow ended up coming up 2 blocks away. I was SO LOST! I only had 7 minutes at that point. RAN toward the courthouse. Check in at the U.S. Marshall check point. Find the elevator.. Hit 2.. Which is where I was told. Got to 2 and it was the probate court. Asked a lady where bankruptcy was for 341, she said my judge was on 4. Got back on the elevator... went to 4. Got there and started to panic.. it was 10:56 and I was walking all around looking for signs. Called my attorney's office, told them who I was and where I was trying to go. It was on 3!!! So I go... My attorney is already in the little room with 2 other clients represented by him. A man was checking the list outside the door. I told him I got lost and where should I sit. He asked who my attorney was and told me he was already in there, but it's okay, just be quiet upon entering as it IS being recorded. I went in and sat silently. The first guy... "at the present moment the trustee cannot recommend you for confirmation". The second guy... "at the present moment the trustee cannot recommend you for confirmation". Then it came to me. I was sworn in. Asked a bunch of questions. Asked about my new job.. That I only had a few weeks at the time of filing.. The lady said "at the present moment the trustee cannot recommend you for confirmation. The reason for this is that we need to get another paystub from your job." I said "I have one, right here." (IT WAS THE ONLY OTHER THING I BROUGHT WITH ME, and I didn't even know I would need it.) She said "At this point the trustee will be changing his position and will recommend you for confirmation. Confirmation is set for September 23."

I couldn't WAIT to get back and tell y'all about it. The guy that told me I could go in, turns out he IS my trustee. He was very nice. I had originally left my paystub in my car but something told me to go back and grab it, I was SO glad that I did. And also glad that I had already scanned it onto my computer. YAY!!
    Last edited by NowImDownInIt; 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM.
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
    Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
    60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Heh... nevermind... today is the 21st and I am dumb. lol
    Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08

Comment

Well, good luck tommorow then!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

LOL!! Well, good luck tomorrow!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Yah.. It's really funny because I knew that yesterday was the 20th and I knew that my court date was the 22nd... I've been talking all week about going to court on Thursday and even sent my boss an email that said I had court on Thursday the 22nd. I guess stuff like this can rattle your brain. lol

Comment

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
            Yah.. It's really funny because I knew that yesterday was the 20th and I knew that my court date was the 22nd... I've been talking all week about going to court on Thursday and even sent my boss an email that said I had court on Thursday the 22nd. I guess stuff like this can rattle your brain. lol
            But you are pg right? That means you are suffering from pregnancy brain, not bk brain as you erroneously believe.
            Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
            Plan approved- 7/11/05
            Date discharged--10-12-2007
            Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Hey lots of luck to you tomorrow. Lets us all know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
                But you are pg right? That means you are suffering from pregnancy brain, not bk brain as you erroneously believe.
                lol. Yes! I will totally blame it on that.

Comment

I've updated my OP.

Comment

Reading your post made me tired. Glad it all worked out.

Comment

Congrats on getting ok'd for confirmation. And kudos on listening to the little voice in your head. Over the past few years I have been really noticing mine, and every time I ignore it......
                      Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
                      Plan approved- 7/11/05
                      Date discharged--10-12-2007
                      Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

Lol. I ignored the voice that told me not to wear heels today. I must have rolled my ankle ten times between trying to escape the underground maze of a parking lot and running to the courthouse.

Comment

Glad to here everything went good! I guess you got your exercise this morning....

Comment

Wow! You listened to your Gut feeling and grabed that pay stub...good going. If you had forgot it in the car and your 341 was continued, you would have been kicking yourself in the butt!!!

Glad your 341 went so well! Congrats!
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Strange, at my 341 last week, they never made any mention of "recommendation" for confirmation. Just a "good luck".
                              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X