Wish Me Luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish Me Luck!

Oh, now my Chapter 13 (pro se) case just got interesting. Mortgage company filed a claim. Nothing major, just they have really bad math on their Claim but expect me to get the arrearage amount correct, although they are a bit off from the real number. So, I have to object to their claim.

But that's not the fun part. They also filed an objection to my plan. It's from my mortgage company (on the property I'm keeping). The first part is just the amount of the arrearage I have in the plan. Their claim form has BAD math on it, so who knows what it is (and my objection basically states that).

The fun part is the objection to my plan because of some "language" I have in my plan The language is about "deeming" a mortgage current on the completion of the plan and discharge. Oh well, I want to fight them, so here goes my first battle against a very big law firm which is notorious for objecting to language in Plans. (I think they just like to "earn" their fees! LOL)

Wish me luck!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

I am willing to bet money that the law firm is simply attempting to rack of fees; I see it every day with insurance defense firms.

Comment

Originally posted by Schoolbob View Post
      I am willing to bet money that the law firm is simply attempting to rack of fees; I see it every day with insurance defense firms.
      I know it's a fee scheme. They charge their Creditor Clients a menu of things. Like the 1 Claim, 1 Objection, 1 hearing menu item, which was apparently selected by my Creditor. I mean, they have to earn that $550.00!

I found it puzzling, because I contacted their paralegal (in that office) to get them to tell me what they wanted me to write, and they wouldn't tell me. I would have stipulated to that in my response (answer). Oh well... let them earn their money. In this particular case, I will ask the judge to NOT award attorney fees because the reason that they had to object is because their math is/was wrong on the Claim!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X